Expire an intetim EAD

Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

AMonica76 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Expire an intetim EAD

[QUOTE=sequoia]Hi you all!!!
I just went to mt district office this morning to see what I could do about my very soon expiring interim EAD .... and now I am already sitting here with my new interim EAD, valid for 3 months again. It was not a problem at all to get it... same procedure as with the first interim....[/QUOTE

Congratulations!! that is good news!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 11:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=AMonica76]
Originally Posted by sequoia
Hi you all!!!
I just went to mt district office this morning to see what I could do about my very soon expiring interim EAD .... and now I am already sitting here with my new interim EAD, valid for 3 months again. It was not a problem at all to get it... same procedure as with the first interim....[/QUOTE

Congratulations!! that is good news!
Wow, that's great news!! Now we know for sure, at least one person got a 2nd interim! I hope you get the 1-year before THIS one expires!!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

sequoia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Wow, that's great news!! Now we know for sure, at least one person got a 2nd interim! I hope you get the 1-year before THIS one expires!!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks you all!!! It took a heavy load off my shoulders for sure. I just started my job a couple of weeks ago, and it would have been very painful to sit at home on the couch again!!! ... by the way, I went to the Portland, OR office... they checked the status of my application again, and the lady asked me too, if I had applied for AOS already (which I did at the time I picked up my first interim) ... no idea if it makes a difference if you have not applied for AOS jet, but I would guess no!!! To all that are in the same situation : GO FOR IT!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

USimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant futureUSimmigrant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sequoia
Thanks you all!!! It took a heavy load off my shoulders for sure. I just started my job a couple of weeks ago, and it would have been very painful to sit at home on the couch again!!! ... by the way, I went to the Portland, OR office... they checked the status of my application again, and the lady asked me too, if I had applied for AOS already (which I did at the time I picked up my first interim) ... no idea if it makes a difference if you have not applied for AOS jet, but I would guess no!!! To all that are in the same situation : GO FOR IT!!!!
I don't know if anyone gone to the Detroit INS office to apply for a second interim EAD? i would be glad to know if anyone is in the same boat and went to request for a second interim EAD.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by USimmigrant
I don't know if anyone gone to the Detroit INS office to apply for a second interim EAD? i would be glad to know if anyone is in the same boat and went to request for a second interim EAD.

Hi Everyone!

My husband got his second interim EAD last Friday at Hartford, CT...for the remainder of the 240 days limit. So it can be done!!!!!

So now if he doesn't get his EAD within the next 5 months...he is told to basically quit his job and sit and wait.....he was told not to apply for another EAD.

Good Luck!

Rukhie:-)
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

AMonica76 will become famous soon enough

So, if I already got an interim EAD for 240 days... and it expires, I cant request a 2nd.one, right???

Oh God! I hope I can get mine by mail before!

Good luck!

Originally Posted by Rukhie
Hi Everyone!

My husband got his second interim EAD last Friday at Hartford, CT...for the remainder of the 240 days limit. So it can be done!!!!!

So now if he doesn't get his EAD within the next 5 months...he is told to basically quit his job and sit and wait.....he was told not to apply for another EAD.

Good Luck!

Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rukhie
Hi Everyone!

Good Luck!

Congrats!

If an EAD doesn't get approved by then, what would it be at that point, 240+90 days...about 11 months, then that would be utterly crazy! Esp. when recent applicants are getting EADs approved in 30-60 days! Let's hope it never comes to that point for anyone!

Kirsten
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by buffalo24
Congrats!

If an EAD doesn't get approved by then, what would it be at that point, 240+90 days...about 11 months, then that would be utterly crazy! Esp. when recent applicants are getting EADs approved in 30-60 days! Let's hope it never comes to that point for anyone!

Kirsten

Thanks Kirsten!

Monica, if you already have a 240 day interim EAD, then no I'm sorry you aren't allowed to get another interim EAD. It's very unfortunate because i'm afraid my husband's going to find a job in 5 months and then he'll have to quit because USCIS can't get their act together.

I hope they haven't lost his EAD application....is that even possible???

Rukhie
Old Aug 27th 2004, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Candice is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to update: no problem getting a second card in Chicago either. I finally went down this week. A MUCH better experience than the last one. I was there just over an hour instead of just over four! They were handing out cards at the beginning of the line to record everyone's in and out times, so I assume they're trying to improve things somewhat.

They had a case status inquiry form all ready for me when I got to the desk -- seems they were handing them out to a lot of people. I certainly hope I get my real card sometime this century!!! Still no action showing up on my application since Feb. 25th when I did my biometrics!