Expire an intetim EAD

Old Aug 6th 2004, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

greencard2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expire an intetim EAD

Can I get another interim EAD if i don't get the one year EAD before expiration an interim EAD?
Old Aug 6th 2004, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Expire an intetim EAD

Originally posted by greencard2004
Can I get another interim EAD if i don't get the one year EAD before expiration an interim EAD?
I have heard that you can't get a second interim EAD so unfortunately if your EAD doesn't arrive you won't be legal to work after the interim expires.

Second opinion anyone?
Old Aug 6th 2004, 10:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
I have heard that you can't get a second interim EAD so unfortunately if your EAD doesn't arrive you won't be legal to work after the interim expires.

Second opinion anyone?
I have heard rumor to the same effect. Supposedly, if your interim runs out before getting the 1-year, you would reapply with a new I-765, wait another 90 days and get another interim, if you still had not received the 1-year.

Hope that never happens to anyone!
Rene
Old Aug 7th 2004, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Well, I've called to MSC and asked the same question. They said I can get another interim EAD as long as the case is pending.

I am confused.....
Old Aug 8th 2004, 2:58 am
Candice

greencard2004 <member25375@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Well, I've called to MSC and asked the same question. They said I can
    > get another interim EAD as long as the case is pending.
    >
    > I am
    > confused.....

Well, my first interim expires TOMORROW, and there's still no action
on my case... (and the NOA date is January 14th!!!) So I certainly
hope I can get a second one! I NEED to work!

Candice

Old Aug 8th 2004, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Candice[/QUOTE]

Please let me know if you can get the second interim EAD...
Old Aug 8th 2004, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

sequoia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by greencard2004

Candice
Please let me know if you can get the second interim EAD...[/QUOTE]

I am in the same situation … my interim expires in a week. My husband called the information hotline, and got told that it would be possible to get a second interim… I will definitely find that one out some time this week too. It would not be the best thing to stop my new job just 3 weeks after I started there…. please write your experience here!!!
Old Aug 8th 2004, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Candice is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sequoia
Please let me know if you can get the second interim EAD...
I am in the same situation … my interim expires in a week. My husband called the information hotline, and got told that it would be possible to get a second interim… I will definitely find that one out some time this week too. It would not be the best thing to stop my new job just 3 weeks after I started there…. please write your experience here!!![/QUOTE]

I'll let you all know for sure. I'll be heading down to Chicago with my fingers crossed sometime this week. I'm getting the sense that it kind of depends on the officer you talk to, though. Like every other USCIS regulation. So maybe the only thing to do would be to try. I *will* be calling before I make the trip, but I think I'll end up driving down no matter what they say... because who knows...
Old Aug 8th 2004, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

I wonder, though... Is there anyone out there who has actually gone through this before? And successfully gotten a second interim EAD? It would be very reassuring... But I guess it's not a situation that's happened a lot until recently.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Candice
I wonder, though... Is there anyone out there who has actually gone through this before? And successfully gotten a second interim EAD? It would be very reassuring... But I guess it's not a situation that's happened a lot until recently.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I am sure you will get the second interim EAD... Please keep me updated.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 4:34 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Expire an intetim EAD

Originally Posted by greencard2004

I have heard it is not possible.. a few people in this thread called the Miss-information line and they said you can get one.. I stick with You can't get a second Interim EAD, the 1-800 line is a joke..
Hopefully someone will chime in and enlight us!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
I have heard it is not possible.. a few people in this thread called the Miss-information line and they said you can get one.. I stick with You can't get a second Interim EAD, the 1-800 line is a joke..
Hopefully someone will chime in and enlight us!
You're really the main one I've heard saying that it's not possible. Where did you get this information? Can you point me in the direction of any posts or experiences?

What would be really nice would be some actual government regulations relating to this issue. Is there anything more "official" to look at? I'd like to know what the written word on the subject is, not what some random call-center rep thinks they know...
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I am really sorry to hear that you even have to worry about getting a second interim EAD! As far as whether there is anywhere that explicitly says whether you can get a second interim EAD or not, sadly, I think it's not anywhere because it was probably never supposed to even be an issue! The closest thing I could find was this, where it says that you can get interim EA not to exceed 240 days...so if you only got yours for 90 days, I would go back and ask for the rest of the 150 days if I were you. In my opinion, it would be an atrocity if they refused to grant it to you, especially when people who filed for an EAD a good 6 months after you are already being approved. Best of luck to you!
~Kirsten

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...cfr274a.14.pdf

"Interim employment authorization.
The district director shall adjudicate
the application within 90 days from the
date of receipt of the application by
the INS, except in the case of an initial
application for employment authorization
under § 274a.12(c)(8), which is governed
by paragraph (a)(2) of this section,
and § 274a.12(c)(9) insofar as it is
governed by §§ 245.13(j) and 245.15(n) of
this chapter. Failure to complete the
adjudication within 90 days will result
in the grant of an employment authorization
document for a period not to
exceed 240 days. Such authorization
shall be subject to any conditions
noted on the employment authorization
document. However, if the director
adjudicates the application prior to the
expiration date of the interim employment
authorization and denies the individual’s
employment authorization
application, the interim employment
authorization granted under this section
shall automatically terminate as
of the date of the director’s adjudication
and denial."
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

AMonica76 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Candice
You're really the main one I've heard saying that it's not possible. Where did you get this information? Can you point me in the direction of any posts or experiences?

What would be really nice would be some actual government regulations relating to this issue. Is there anything more "official" to look at? I'd like to know what the written word on the subject is, not what some random call-center rep thinks they know...
Hi Candice!

I got my 1st. interim EAD last july 16 in Atlanta office, they gave me mine for 8 months, I asked about a second interim, and the officer told me it is not possible to get a 2nd. so if by the 5th. month of my interim I still havent get by mail my EAD, I should apply for a new one, so by the time the interim expires (3 months later) I am in title to go and get an interim of my second EAD application...

It is disappointing, I know! I have been waiting 7-8 months for EAD and AP and nothing... They are in the famous NBC...

If someone has ever got a second interim before, please let us know... so far the officer told me it is not possible...

see ya!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AMonica76
Hi Candice!

I got my 1st. interim EAD last july 16 in Atlanta office, they gave me mine for 8 months, I asked about a second interim, and the officer told me it is not possible to get a 2nd. so if by the 5th. month of my interim I still havent get by mail my EAD, I should apply for a new one, so by the time the interim expires (3 months later) I am in title to go and get an interim of my second EAD application...

It is disappointing, I know! I have been waiting 7-8 months for EAD and AP and nothing... They are in the famous NBC...

If someone has ever got a second interim before, please let us know... so far the officer told me it is not possible...

see ya!
Oh that's really cute of them -- so if they take an obscenely long time to approve some applications, while meanwhile approving some others in 1-2 months, we need to pay the application fee AGAIN? That's a joke - I would have your husband contact his congressperson at that point, because that just isn't right.

Grrr, lol, I'm sorry, I'm just so frustruated with this right now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.