Evidence and Pearson airport

Old Feb 18th 2001, 3:56 pm
Pauline

Hi All Firstly i want to thank everyone for giving all the information in this group we
would be totaly lost without you all ..

Time line so far ,, App sent -- Nov.27th First NOA-- Dec.17th

Im visiting my fiance in the states in a couple of weeks time , im flying from the uk vie
Toronto Pearson INT . if anyone has any experiences of this airport it would be greatly
appreciated , from what i understand i will go through immigration there ,,

I will be taking with me evidence of my return home ..

photo copys of 1- house deeds 2- bank accounts 3- letter from employer can anyone tell me
if there is anyother evidence i should take with me that could help ,,

Also i read a posting somewere that said that if you can prove to the immigration that you
have a k1 pending , that that is proof enough that you intend returning home ,, is it
worth taking a copy of the NOA receipt and trying things this way .. after all none of us
would bother to apply for the k1 if we didnt intend using it in the correct way ,, has
anyone any thoughts on this , all help greatly appreciated thanks

Old Feb 18th 2001, 5:31 pm
Jeremy

Well from my own experience as a Canadian applying for the K1 and visiting my fiance in
the US, it sounds like the house deed, letter from employer and copies of your bank
account statements 'should' be sufficient.

The first time I went down the customs people gave me a bit of a hard time (not anything
scary) and it might've been because I'm sure I was noticeably nervous. But I was honest in
all my answers and they let me through. (They never even asked to see any of my
'evidence', which included my NOA, that I intended to come back to Canada).

The second time I went through it was a breeze. I even had the same customs guy lol. I
told him I was going to see my fiancee. I mentionned on the declaration form that I was
bringing an engagement ring to leave for her which started us chatting on his own pending
marriage. He wished me good luck and that was it.

I think the only advice I'd have is to make sure you answer everything completely
honestly, and if you have the evidence you mentionned, I think you'll be ok. And although
I went through Winnipeg and not Toronto, I wouldn't imagine it'd be much different.

Good luck.

Pauline wrote:

> Hi All Firstly i want to thank everyone for giving all the information in this group we
> would be totaly lost without you all ..
>
> Time line so far ,, App sent -- Nov.27th First NOA-- Dec.17th
>
> Im visiting my fiance in the states in a couple of weeks time , im flying from the uk
> vie Toronto Pearson INT . if anyone has any experiences of this airport it would be
> greatly appreciated , from what i understand i will go through immigration there ,,
>
> I will be taking with me evidence of my return home ..
>
> photo copys of 1- house deeds 2- bank accounts 3- letter from employer can anyone tell
> me if there is anyother evidence i should take with me that could help ,,
>
> Also i read a posting somewere that said that if you can prove to the immigration that
> you have a k1 pending , that that is proof enough that you intend returning home ,, is
> it worth taking a copy of the NOA receipt and trying things this way .. after all none
> of us would bother to apply for the k1 if we didnt intend using it in the correct way ,,
> has anyone any thoughts on this , all help greatly appreciated thanks