Evidence

Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Johnny5isAlive is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Evidence

what evidence can i send along with my i-485 and other forms?
Photos phone bills yes, we have no bills with both our names on as yet. we do have a gym membership with both our names on. A million photos of where we have been too.

I would be grateful for any ideas.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EVIDENCE

Worth a search, quite a few threads on the subject.

Not everything has to be in both names as long as there's a bunch that over lap with the same address for utilities.

Car insurance/title/registration
Medical insurance cover
401K dependants
Bank account statements, credit cards

etc, etc
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

To my knowledge, you do not need to send such evidence in with your I-485. You will need to bring it to your AOS interview.

If you want to, just include a few things that you have on hand, and then you'll have more to bring by the time you are notified for an interview.

Rene
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Johnny5 -

While I agree with Rene, I recently sent in my AOS package (485, 864, etc) and we sent in a lot of copied evidence of both our marriage and our ongoing relationship between approval of the K1 and our marriage.

The reasoning behind this was that there are increasing amounts of people who are getting their green cards issued without an interview and we wanted to try and maximise our chances of that. Perhaps what we sent will make no difference, but it can't hurt. We sent it in a stand-alone folder marked "marriage photos and evidence of ongoing relationship".

We sent in copies of:

Marriage photos
Wedding cards
Joint utility bills
Joint car insurance
Joint membership of various clubs / associations
Other stuff that showed us living at the same address

We took two copies, sent one in and kept one. Worst case - we get called for interview and we have the copies already made
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnny5isAlive
what evidence can i send along with my i-485 and other forms?
Photos phone bills yes, we have no bills with both our names on as yet. we do have a gym membership with both our names on. A million photos of where we have been too.

I would be grateful for any ideas.
Read the I-130 instructions. I think you'll find that is what requires the evidence, and there is a list of suggestions there.

I know you say you can't afford a lawyer but have you looked up any immigrant assistance groups like Catholic Charities? They will help for a lower fee than an attorney.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Johnny5isAlive is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Read the I-130 instructions. I think you'll find that is what requires the evidence, and there is a list of suggestions there.

I know you say you can't afford a lawyer but have you looked up any immigrant assistance groups like Catholic Charities? They will help for a lower fee than an attorney.
thankyou everyone, I really don't think you need a lawyer.. Follow the intructions and all will be well. wish me luck
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnny5isAlive
I really don't think you need a lawyer.
I don't think so either... but others aren't as detail oriented as perhaps you or I am, and so might sleep better at night knowing they have someone who is actively working to represent their best interests.

Follow the intructions and all will be well.
Generally true. Good luck.

Ian