eventually I made it to US!

Old Sep 28th 2003, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

natalija is an unknown quantity at this point
Default eventually I made it to US!

Hi, everybody!
I just want to ask all of you for the help and support, which I had here on the board. Thank God, I eventually made it to the US(state Washington).
I hade my Intervew on the 4th September. We were waiting for it a bit more than 1 year(Ist NOA - 19th August 2002). We were waiting the 2nd NOA in Nebraska approximately 6 months, than 5 months it was sitting in the Warsaw Embassy. And may be it would sit there even more, if we did not start do something(called to DOS, FBI, Senators, Embassy).
My advice to everybody: do not wait too long. If you see it sits there for a long, start contacting as many people as you can, get telephone numbers from this site, call to your Senators. In most of cases the reason of the delays is not that they have this new security laws of processing there, but because they just put it somewhere in the further shelf and it might stay like this until you start doing something (bug them). First we fought with INS in Nebraska, then with DOS, then Embassy. So, I just share what we experienced. I am Latvian fiancee, although I was born in Russia, and it caused the extra delay.Then in the Embassy I saw the file and the date of the Intervew was changed few times.First they appointed it in April, then crossed it and put to July, then crossed it again and put in in October.But because we started call them and inquire through important people, they gave us Intervew immediately after these people contacted them(in September).
We got the visa the same day, and I am here now!
Be patient, but if needs do something to get it sooner!
God bless you all and your fiance(e)s!
Natalija