ESTA use

Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

JasonD71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ESTA use

Hi there

I work 28 days on 28 off in Europe and middle east and wondering if i can use ESTA for livivng in the US on my time off ???

Cheers Jason
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESTA use

Originally Posted by JasonD71
Hi there

I work 28 days on 28 off in Europe and middle east and wondering if i can use ESTA for livivng in the US on my time off ???

Cheers Jason
No. you cannot live in the USA on the VWP. You can only visit, and probably not as often a you are planning.

Rene
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info Rene

Do you know what I have to do just to stay and not work in the Us ??

Cheers Jason
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info Rene

Cheers Jason
You need a visa to live in the US. From what you have said there is no visa to do what you and your partner wish to do. Take a look through the following thread...if you fit into one of the categories you may have a chance to live here.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

You mentioned your partner in another thread...unless you are married and get a visa allowing your spouse to work she will not be able to work.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

That's great thanks for the info
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info Rene

Cheers Jason
If you have enough money, you could invest 500K and buy yourself a green card.

Rene
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you have enough money, you could invest 500K and buy yourself a green card.

Rene
Just read your other post in the Welcome Inn forum. If you both want to immigrate, you should invest $500K each.

You mention "my other half". Is she your spouse? What are her work qualifications? Perhaps she has a path to immigrate based on work, and since you don't need to work in the USA, you can cope with having an H4.

Rene
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Hi Rene

she is a hair dresser not sure if the US needs them but it may be a plan .

Cheers Jason
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:15 am

Hi Rene

she is a hair dresser not sure if the US needs them but it may be a plan .

Cheers Jason
Hair dresser is probably NOT going to get her a US work visa.

Keep investigating the investment visa route.

Rene
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Just read your other post in the Welcome Inn forum. If you both want to immigrate, you should invest $500K each.
Why do you say this? Assuming they're willing to marry, EB-5 comes with derivative benefits.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by henryh
Why do you say this? Assuming they're willing to marry, EB-5 comes with derivative benefits.
Oops, my bad. Thanks for the correction.

Rene