ESTA renewal

Old Jan 28th 2012, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Rob_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ESTA renewal

I just got my passport renewed and now need to apply for a new ESTA. My old ESTA (which is only valid with my old passport number) expires in December of this year. Will I have to cancel my old ESTA before I apply for a new one and will this cause confusion at the POE with two ESTA's in the system?

I have been searching on a number of websites but with no success. On https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ it says you need to apply for a new ESTA if your passport number changes but it doesn't say anything about the old ESTA. However it does say that if you applied for a new ESTA with an unchanged passport number the old ESTA automatically gets replaced with the new one. Does anyone know what I should do?

Btw, thanks again for a great website
Old Jan 28th 2012, 5:43 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESTA renewal

You're over thinking the problem. If is says you need a new ESTA with a new passport number, then apply for one. Don't worry about what is on the CBP computer, even if they see two ESTA they will see you have a new passport and know why.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:46 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob_
Will I have to cancel my old ESTA before I apply for a new one...
No.

Does anyone know what I should do?
Yes, apply for ESTA and get on with life.

Ian
Old Jan 29th 2012, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Rob_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok I will, thanks guys!