ESTA refusal - please advise

Old May 13th 2009, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESTA refusal - please advise

Originally Posted by TeresaB
How can I prove no immigrant intent ?
It is impossible to prove a negative.

Ian
Old May 13th 2009, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

TeresaB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again,

I'm sorry, I don't understand ?

Are you saying that I am lying and that I am trying to live in the US ? I am not !

Or are you saying that I have no chance of proving that I am not intending to immigrate ?
Old May 13th 2009, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So what do you suggest ? Wait ? Re-apply for a visa ?
I think you'll get nowhere online... you need to actually speak to someone to whom you can explain your non-traditional situation. I suggest the easiest course of action would be to apply for a B-2 visa.

Ian
Old May 13th 2009, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou Ian - I appreciate the time you have taken to respond
Old May 13th 2009, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

Are you saying that I am lying and that I am trying to live in the US ? I am not !
Oh dear... no... not this. I don't think you're lying at all.

Or are you saying that I have no chance of proving that I am not intending to immigrate ?
This. You can not prove that you don't intend to immigrate. The best you can do is show your ongoing ties to the UK. If you can't demonstrate your ongoing ties, then you might not be able to find a way around this.

Ian
Old May 13th 2009, 10:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Read the Link I gave about denials ..
try to get yourself on the side they can understand ...
Old May 13th 2009, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Ray - I will have a look for that
Old May 13th 2009, 11:56 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Just talking out my you know what here, but I wonder if it made a difference that you added your minor children this time. That could have been the immigrant intent issue that tipped you over?
That, and the amount of time you have spent in the US... say, did you post your story about the B visa under a different username? It's just so familiar...
Old May 14th 2009, 12:01 am
Just Joined

I think I may have posted last year, yes. I panicked then also ! But was able to travel on the VWP without a problem.

I guess the only way I can resolve this is to re-apply for a B2.

Thanks for all the advice !

Having problems finding the denials thread that was mentioned...can anyone point me in the right direction ?
Old May 14th 2009, 12:09 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I think I may have posted last year, yes. I panicked then also ! But was able to travel on the VWP without a problem.

I guess the only way I can resolve this is to re-apply for a B2.

Thanks for all the advice !

Having problems finding the denials thread that was mentioned...can anyone point me in the right direction ?
You think, do you? I'm sorry, but you posted several times, and your back story is *very* relevant to your current situation. You have been trying many different angles to spend significant time in the US including work, medical, humanitarian etc.

Understand: I don't care myself. But I don't like it when people drag members here through a dozen faked up scenarios.. people are contributing their valuable time and info here out of the goodness of their hearts.

You need to hire a creative and useful immigration attorney to help you accomplish your goals. I don't know what information people here could have for you, but whatever you get from this thread won't really matter if it does not take your past immigration history into account.
Skimming briefly, you may even find out why your ESTA was revoked.

I won't post the link, but I will ask Admin to close your other account since duplicates are not allowed.
Old May 14th 2009, 12:20 am
Just Joined

I am sorry - did I breach some kind of rules ? There have been other opportunities I looked into exploring but I haven't acted on them because either nothing came of them or they just weren't going to work out for me. I only asked for advice on them here. I never applied for them, so I didn't consider them relevant to this thread.

I don't think I did anything wrong ? I haven't applied for any other situation, nor do I think I have mislead anyone.

I apologise to anyone who thinks this is what I have done - it really was not my intention.

If I still have another account active please do delete it - I do remember posting somewhere but I couldn't remember if it was this forum or another and it was so long ago that I couldn't remember the login details anyway.

And thankyou again for all the constructive advice I have been given - I really appreciate it
Old May 14th 2009, 1:11 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

A new visa application is your only recourse.
Old May 14th 2009, 4:57 pm

I am sorry - did I breach some kind of rules ? There have been other opportunities I looked into exploring but I haven't acted on them because either nothing came of them or they just weren't going to work out for me. I only asked for advice on them here. I never applied for them, so I didn't consider them relevant to this thread.

I don't think I did anything wrong ? I haven't applied for any other situation, nor do I think I have mislead anyone.

I apologise to anyone who thinks this is what I have done - it really was not my intention.

If I still have another account active please do delete it - I do remember posting somewhere but I couldn't remember if it was this forum or another and it was so long ago that I couldn't remember the login details anyway.

And thankyou again for all the constructive advice I have been given - I really appreciate it
Multiple accounts are definitely against the site rules. I still feel strongly that your past comments have bearing on your situation today; they speak strongly to your motivation to stay in the US longer term.

As crg says though, there is really only one visitor venue left for you, and you'll just have to apply to find out the answer.
Old May 19th 2009, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you all know that I was able to get an emergency appointment for this morning and was granted a visa.

I asked about the reasons for the esta refusal and was told that they couldn't give me details but that it 'was not adverse.'

Anyone care to shed any light on what that might mean ?!

Thanks again for the advice
Old May 19th 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Probably means someone made a cockup
Congratulations on getting the visa, and thanks for sharing what happened.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.