ESTA For Parents?

Old May 13th 2009, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all
Default ESTA For Parents?

Sorry, I randomly came across an old post about UK citizens having to obtain some kind of documentation just to travel to the US for pleasure in place of the regular VWP. My parents are flying in on June 23rd - do they need to apply for this before they travel? Is there any reason why they would not obtain what they need in time to travel?

Thanks!
Old May 13th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESTA For Parents?

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html

They should apply now, it's straightforward.
Old May 13th 2009, 8:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is done online and is the equilavent of what they would have completed on the plane. They will know instantly if they have been approved.
Old May 13th 2009, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
It is done online and is the equilavent of what they would have completed on the plane. They will know instantly if they have been approved.
But they still have to complete the green form on the plane too, until USCIS decide they can do without it
Old May 13th 2009, 10:00 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

just make sure they do the official version thats free and dont get conned into using the travel agents recomended site (that just sends the info to the gov site anyway) but charges you $49 each.
Old May 13th 2009, 10:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
just make sure they do the official version thats free and dont get conned into using the travel agents recomended site (that just sends the info to the gov site anyway) but charges you $49 each.
Aye, or do it for them if you know their passport number and a few other bits and pieces...easy enough
Old May 14th 2009, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, or do it for them if you know their passport number and a few other bits and pieces...easy enough
yep..I did my parent's for them...took half the time it would have taken them
Old May 14th 2009, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Thanks, everyone! I've been so excited to see my parents - it's been a year - and we just got thier flights booked.

I assume this is the official government site that doesn't charge?

Old May 14th 2009, 1:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
Thanks, everyone! I've been so excited to see my parents - it's been a year - and we just got thier flights booked.

I assume this is the official government site that doesn't charge?

yup, the one linked in the second post...