esta if h1-b pending?

Old May 17th 2009, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Chi_town is an unknown quantity at this point
Default esta if h1-b pending?

is there any issue applying for esta if you have a h1-b aapplication being proicessed? The purpose of the trip is a business meeting and is a necessary trip.

Thanks for any info.
Old May 17th 2009, 11:44 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: esta if h1-b pending?

Originally Posted by Chi_town
is there any issue applying for esta if you have a h1-b aapplication being proicessed? The purpose of the trip is a business meeting and is a necessary trip.

Thanks for any info.
It depends what you mean by "pending". Is the petition pending, or is the visa pending?

If the petition is pending, just fill out the ESTA.

If an actual visa application is hung up at the consulate for some reason, they consider that count as a denial until it is approved. You would have to answer accordingly on the ESTA. The ESTA may or may not be approved following a visa denial.

Either way, if you plan on using the VWP, you need to do the ESTA regardless of what is pending.

Last edited by crg; May 17th 2009 at 11:59 am.
Old May 17th 2009, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Chi_town is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for fast response.
We have a receipt number, as the application was only filed in the past 2 weeks. So I guess it has not even been processed/reviewed, it is still in a queue.
I figure from what you have said/what I have read we need to do the esta process.
Thanks again.
Old May 17th 2009, 12:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Is this for you or someone else? I thought you said previously that you had green cards.
Old May 17th 2009, 5:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chi_town
Thank you for fast response.
We have a receipt number, as the application was only filed in the past 2 weeks. So I guess it has not even been processed/reviewed, it is still in a queue.
I figure from what you have said/what I have read we need to do the esta process.
Thanks again.
The first thing that goes in is called a 'petition', not an application (this is just to help you post in the future).
So your petition has been submitted but not decided. NO visa application has begun yet.

HTH.