ESTA cancelled

Old Jan 2nd 2024, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

AndrewSM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ESTA cancelled

18 months ago, I applied for and got an ESTA travel authorization, valid for two years. In the event, I never used it.

Two weeks ago, I got an email from the ESTA Program Office telling me that the authorization had been cancelled. I wrote back to inquire the reason and was told that none could be given.

Does anyone know of a likely explanation for this action. I don’t have and have never had a criminal record.
Old Jan 2nd 2024, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESTA cancelled

According to your other post you live in a country without any postal service.

Where do you currently live? That could be your problem.
Old Jan 2nd 2024, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the response. I live in Panama
Old Jan 2nd 2024, 9:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndrewSM
Thanks for the response. I live in Panama
Did you live there when you applied for ESTA originally, or have you moved there since? Assume you're a British citizen?
Old Jan 2nd 2024, 9:54 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

18 months ago, I applied for and got an ESTA travel authorization, valid for two years. In the event, I never used it.

Two weeks ago, I got an email from the ESTA Program Office telling me that the authorization had been cancelled. I wrote back to inquire the reason and was told that none could be given.

Does anyone know of a likely explanation for this action. I don’t have and have never had a criminal record.
When does you passport expire, what countries have you visited in the last 18 months, what do you do for a living, do you support any political causes the US might not like, there could be many reasons… reapply and if it’s not approved you will have to apply for a B1/B2 and if rejected you may get more information.
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
According to your other post you live in a country without any postal service.

Where do you currently live? That could be your problem.
Thanks for the response. I live in Panama but apparently the problem is I've been to Cuba.
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 12:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the response. Apparently it's enough that I've visited Cba.
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the response. I live in Panama but apparently the problem is I've been to Cuba.

Oh well.... problem solved. B1/B2 for you for now on then.....
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 12:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the response. Yes I'm British, but have blotted my copybook by visiting Cuba!
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 2:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the response. Apparently it's enough that I've visited Cba.
Ah, yes. That was introduced in July this year, so there’s your answer. https://www.aila.org/library/cbp-ann...-for-travelers
Old Jan 3rd 2024, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

How did the ESTA Program Office find out that you have been to Cuba given that you have not declared it?
Old Jan 5th 2024, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by destone
How did the ESTA Program Office find out that you have been to Cuba given that you have not declared it?

..... bet Home Security runs periodic checks against those with ESTA's and trips to Cuba.......
Old Jan 5th 2024, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
..... bet Home Security runs periodic checks against those with ESTA's and trips to Cuba.......
100% and also the US gets immigration info from the 5 eyes, so perhaps that was collected from the UK or Canada even if the US wasn't involved in any travel.
Old Jan 6th 2024, 10:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by postbox134
100% and also the US gets immigration info from the 5 eyes, so perhaps that was collected from the UK or Canada even if the US wasn't involved in any travel.
It could also have come from a credit card transaction in Cuba processed though VISA or MasterCard systems. Much of the world's international payment activity is processed through the US even if neither end of the transfer is in the US, and even if the banks at each are not US banks or overtly affiliated with a US-based bank. In reality the US banking system operates as a "global telephone exchange" for most international banking, and almost all of it denominated in USD, which includes currencies "pegged" to the US dollar as is fairly common in Latin America and Asia.
Old Jan 7th 2024, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by postbox134
I believe the US has access to passenger manifests for flights over its territories. The vast majority of Canadian flights to Cuba pass over the US, so there's another source. Of course, Canadians generally have visa-free access to the USA and are not affected by any changes to ESTA eligibility.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.