Wolf2743mi

Default Enough is enough

I am sick and tired of dealing with the INS and DOS. This govenment agency and
that one. Forms upon forms upon forms, that prove who you are since the day you
were born. I have spoken to my wife and we have both agreed that I will move to
Russia to be with her. We will try to make our life together there. We will no
longer be separated by American bureaucrats. A great weight has just been
lifted from my shoulders. I am glad that there was no INS or DOS when my
ancestors first arrived in America. They certainly would have been turned away.
They arrived in a little ship called the Mayflower in 1620. Now I will go back.
Good luck to all of you. I wish you all the best.

Mike and Tatyana

Old Oct 18th 2002, 9:00 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enough is enough

Originally posted by Wolf2743mi:
I am sick and tired of dealing with the INS and DOS. This govenment agency and
that one. Forms upon forms upon forms, that prove who you are since the day you
were born. I have spoken to my wife and we have both agreed that I will move to
Russia to be with her. We will try to make our life together there. We will no
longer be separated by American bureaucrats. A great weight has just been
lifted from my shoulders. I am glad that there was no INS or DOS when my
ancestors first arrived in America. They certainly would have been turned away.
They arrived in a little ship called the Mayflower in 1620. Now I will go back.
Good luck to all of you. I wish you all the best.

Mike and Tatyana
1. If it where easy everyone would do it and the USA would be overcrowded.

2. We put up with this crap for love

3. The pilgrims sailed from Plymouth not Russia (they sailed from Plymouth, England and landed in Plymouth, USA - what are the chances of that!)

4. Who would have turned the pilgrims away - the Apache INS, although I think it was the Algonquin tribe who where dominant in New England at the time - May be they should have stopped the Pilgrims and said "How" - long do you intend to stay?

5. In 1620 it was harder to get out of England than it is to get into the US today. (Although I do beleive they are about to change the history books to say that the Mayflower sailed from Russia with the Pilgrismskies)

6. Why does everyone assume the pilgrims where the first settlers in America, by the time the Mayflower landed there where Spanish settlements all the way up the Eastern seaboard as far as the Carolinas, French settlements across what is now mostly Canada and British and Dutch Settlements in rest? Just wondering - I wasn't taught history in America, maybe they tell it different (I heard that they teach that the Vietnam war was a draw!)

7. I am surprised you think that there will be no forms in Russia.
Old Oct 18th 2002, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Marky B will become famous soon enoughMarky B will become famous soon enough

It's been suggested that the reason the Pilgrims / Mayflower are the ones taught as 'the first' is because they came here for 'worthy' reasons ie. to be able to practice a religion and way of life without being oppressed.

Settlements such as Jamestown were based on one thing: making money.

Which makes the 'better' tale to teach kids. Religion or greed?!

By the way I agree with what you say. Immigration should not be made easy.

Mark
Old Oct 18th 2002, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

i think the talk of the pilgrims is off the beaten track here, we are all intending immigrants of one form or another, but it has been mentioned in newspapers and internet articles that people are finding alternative ways of being together rather than waiting huge amounts of time waiting on the US ins system, there has been a 30% drop in this year alone thus resulting in the increase of non-immigrant fee to $100, and it is easier immigrating into other countrys like the UK where it only takes several weeks to get your paperwork, and if wolf chooses to move to Russia to be with his wife, then i say good luck to you both and i hope you are very happy

dee
Old Oct 18th 2002, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ughh Patrick.. the poor guy is frustrated. Give him a break.

ange

3. The pilgrims sailed from Plymouth not Russia (they sailed from Plymouth, England and landed in Plymouth, USA - what are the chances of that!)

4. Who would have turned the pilgrims away - the Apache INS, although I think it was the Algonquin tribe who where dominant in New England at the time - May be they should have stopped the Pilgrims and said "How" - long do you intend to stay?

5. In 1620 it was harder to get out of England than it is to get into the US today. (Although I do beleive they are about to change the history books to say that the Mayflower sailed from Russia with the Pilgrismskies)

6. Why does everyone assume the pilgrims where the first settlers in America, by the time the Mayflower landed there where Spanish settlements all the way up the Eastern seaboard as far as the Carolinas, French settlements across what is now mostly Canada and British and Dutch Settlements in rest? Just wondering - I wasn't taught history in America, maybe they tell it different (I heard that they teach that the Vietnam war was a draw!)

Last edited by angeles73; Oct 18th 2002 at 12:00 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick:

Hi:

Having grown up in the US and educated here, including being inculcated with the national mythology that is part of any country's primary education -- the Pilgrims were NEVER considered the "first". There were considered among the early settlers. Jamestown was always taught as being the FIRST one that managed to stick around a bit.

On the thing with buearcrats, I sometimes wonder if INS hired all the former Soviet ones. ;-)
Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

tparrent is an unknown quantity at this point

May be they should have stopped the Pilgrims and said "How" - long do you intend to stay?

Now THAT'S funny!
Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Folinskyinla:

Hi:

Having grown up in the US and educated here, including being inculcated with the national mythology that is part of any country's primary education -- the Pilgrims were NEVER considered the "first". There were considered among the early settlers. Jamestown was always taught as being the FIRST one that managed to stick around a bit.

On the thing with buearcrats, I sometimes wonder if INS hired all the former Soviet ones. ;-)
I'm with you on the history taught as a child in the US. Jamestown was taught to be the first English settlement and St. Augustine, FL is the oldest settlement in the US and was founded by the Spanish. Don't know when the Mexicans started "colonizing" the SW and California but assume it had to have been around the same time.

As for Patrick's notation about how history is rewritten, Jim lived in the US as a young boy (when the border of even freer than it is today) and attended school in South Bend, Indiana. He was throw out of class for "correcting" a teacher who was teaching the class that the US won the War of 1812.

Often wondered why Jim had to go through all this INS bullshit when he and his family lived and owned property in Maine in the early '50's and he lived with his grandmother in South Bend, IN for a number of years before returning to Canada.
Old Oct 18th 2002, 2:08 pm
Poster

I am facing the same situation, being away from my wife and kid is
killing me. It's made harder by INS and their way of doing business.
They give you no honest timeline, and when you call it's always "wait
another 60 days.."

I looked into living in my wife's country, the jobs just are not
there.

Good luck, have you looked in to what types of visa's you will need to
live and work in your wife's country and how long they would take to
get?

I know it would be easier to work illegal in my wife's country, but I
would run the risk of being deported and/or paying "fines" to
authorities to over look it...

Good luck,

r

[email protected] (wolf2743mi) wrote in message news:...
    > I am sick and tired of dealing with the INS and DOS. This govenment agency and
    > that one. Forms upon forms upon forms, that prove who you are since the day you
    > were born. I have spoken to my wife and we have both agreed that I will move to
    > Russia to be with her. We will try to make our life together there. We will no
    > longer be separated by American bureaucrats. A great weight has just been
    > lifted from my shoulders. I am glad that there was no INS or DOS when my
    > ancestors first arrived in America. They certainly would have been turned away.
    > They arrived in a little ship called the Mayflower in 1620. Now I will go back.
    > Good luck to all of you. I wish you all the best.
    > Mike and Tatyana

Old Oct 18th 2002, 2:24 pm
Steve And Lisa

Oooooooooooo Rete......lived in Elkhart Indiana nearly my whole
life.....been to South Bend many many times....not to mention Mishawaka for
shopping. So does Jim like Notre Dame Football??.....ahhhhh I really miss
being there this time of year.....sorry ....a bit off topic.....LOL!

Lisa
"Rete" wrote in message
news:447739.1034947869@britishexpats-
.com

> he lived with his grandmother in South Bend, IN for a number of years
    > before returning to Canada.
    > --

Old Oct 18th 2002, 3:08 pm
Andrew Defaria

Marky B wrote:

> It's been suggested that the reason the Pilgrims / Mayflower are the
    > ones taught as 'the first' is because they came here for 'worthy'
    > reasons ie. to be able to practice a religion and way of life without
    > being oppressed.

I was never taught that the Pilgrims were the first. What school did you
go to? A religious one?

> Settlements such as Jamestown were based on one thing: making money.

Yeah, and so...

> Which makes the 'better' tale to teach kids. Religion or greed?!

Obviously greed. Religion kills so many people!

> By the way I agree with what you say. Immigration should not be made easy.

Yes but it should not be made difficult for no reason. I understand the
laws, what I don't understand is the slow processing. There is no excuse
for such unnecessary delays.

Old Oct 18th 2002, 4:24 pm
Mjones

"Patrick" wrote in message
news:447556.1034931648@britishexpats-
.com

> 3. The pilgrims.........sailed from
    > Plymouth, England and landed in Plymouth, USA - what are the
    > chances of that!)

Zero!
ROTF, that is the funniest thing I have read in the NG in a long time, ha
ha!
Thanks!
Mike

Old Oct 18th 2002, 6:21 pm
Mark Kitchell

You will be back in six months, tops.....

Do you really think life is a picnic there? HA

[email protected] (wolf2743mi) wrote in message news:...
    > I am sick and tired of dealing with the INS and DOS. This govenment agency and
    > that one. Forms upon forms upon forms, that prove who you are since the day you
    > were born. I have spoken to my wife and we have both agreed that I will move to
    > Russia to be with her. We will try to make our life together there. We will no
    > longer be separated by American bureaucrats. A great weight has just been
    > lifted from my shoulders. I am glad that there was no INS or DOS when my
    > ancestors first arrived in America. They certainly would have been turned away.
    > They arrived in a little ship called the Mayflower in 1620. Now I will go back.
    > Good luck to all of you. I wish you all the best.
    > Mike and Tatyana

Old Oct 18th 2002, 6:58 pm
L D Jones

Marky B wrote:
[ ... ]
    > Settlements such as Jamestown were based on one thing: making money.

I don't remember my US history. How were they supposed to make money?
Trade with Europe? Trade with the Indians?

Old Oct 18th 2002, 7:15 pm
Chris Parker

> I am sick and tired of dealing with the INS and DOS. This govenment agency
    > and that one. Forms upon forms upon forms, that prove who you are since the
    > day you were born. I have spoken to my wife and we have both agreed that I
    > will move to Russia to be with her.

You might be able to move to Canada or another country rather than
Russia, but that's a choice you need to look into and consider.

CP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.