Employment Letter in Fax

Old Jul 16th 2002, 2:20 pm
Wayne

Default Employment Letter in Fax

A U.S.consulting company wants to offer a Canadian (still in Toronto) a two-week
contract starting right way. Can the employment letter being faxed to him (through a
carrier is too later) for applying a TN?

Thanks

Old Jul 17th 2002, 7:20 am
Ingo Pakleppa

Default Re: Employment Letter in Fax

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 05:56:24 -0700, Wayne wrote:

> A U.S.consulting company wants to offer a Canadian (still in Toronto) a two-week
    > contract starting right way. Can the employment letter being faxed to him (through
    > a carrier is too later) for applying a TN?
    >
    > Thanks

You can give it a try. Niagara Falls is only a two-hour drive away, so all you have
to lose is a few hours of driving time.

My guess is that it won't be sufficient because it doesn't bear an original signature
- but then, they may not be as picky with just an informal letter as they would be
with official forms.

Ingo

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jason C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employment Letter in Fax

I know a case where the INS has accepted a faxed letter at the border. Unfortunately that doesn't mean that all INS officers will accept it, it just means that at least one does. Consider Fed-ex Priority, it will get there before 10:00 the very next day.