Empl Auth for Daughter

Old Jun 20th 2002, 4:21 pm
Mrkeysfla

Default Empl Auth for Daughter

My wife and I filed AOS papers for her and her daughter in February (along with EAD
and Travel Auth) in Miami, and our interview is scheduled for November.

Our daughter (she is 10 years old) has been offered a modeling job, and of course
they want her to have work authorization.

Is there anything I need to know about applying for a minor, or do I just fill out
the I-765 just like I did for her mother and submit the $120? For example, since she
is a minor, do I need any proof that she has been offered a job?

Thanks,

John

Old Jun 20th 2002, 10:20 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Default Re: Empl Auth for Daughter

MrKeysFla wrote:
    > My wife and I filed AOS papers for her and her daughter in February (along with EAD
    > and Travel Auth) in Miami, and our interview is scheduled for November. Our
    > daughter (she is 10 years old) has been offered a modeling job, and of course they
    > want her to have work authorization. Is there anything I need to know about
    > applying for a minor, or do I just fill out the I-765 just like I did for her
    > mother and submit the $120? For example, since she is a minor, do I need any proof
    > that she has been offered a job?
    >
You will most likely need something in writing for the job offer, as they generally
do NOT issue EAD cards to those under 16 years old, in most situations, from what I
have seen posted here.

Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Jun 28th 2002, 4:20 am
Shelley

Default Re: Empl Auth for Daughter

I don't know about all states, but here in Wisconsin you also need a work permit for
anyone under 18 to be employed. My children (US citizens) had to have them. Here we
get them at the local High School office. Take care. Shelley

"Alvena Ferreira" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > MrKeysFla wrote:
    > > My wife and I filed AOS papers for her and her daughter in February
(along
    > > with EAD and Travel Auth) in Miami, and our interview is scheduled for November.
    > > Our daughter (she is 10 years old) has been offered a modeling job, and
of
    > > course they want her to have work authorization. Is there anything I need to know
    > > about applying for a minor, or do I
just
    > > fill out the I-765 just like I did for her mother and submit the $120?
For
    > > example, since she is a minor, do I need any proof that she has been
offered
    > > a job?
    > >
    > You will most likely need something in writing for the job offer, as they generally
    > do NOT issue EAD cards to those under 16 years old, in most situations, from what I
    > have seen posted here.
    >
    > Alvena

> Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
    > =========================================
    > I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
    > gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
    > discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
    > attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
    > =========================================