Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Emigrating to Canada spouse working in USA for 4 hours a day.

Emigrating to Canada spouse working in USA for 4 hours a day.

Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Jigthings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigrating to Canada spouse working in USA for 4 hours a day.

Hi
Is it possible to live Canada and for me (the spouse) to have a warehouse or lockup in the USA and travel backwards and forwards to America every day to pack and send out orders to the US?

We currently have a company in the UK and use a fulfilment centre in the US, we send over a spreadsheet every day and they pick and pack the orders for us.

I would need to cross the border daily to pack the orders and wait for the UPS guy to pick them up. And then travel back to Canada possibly with a couple of items every day if we had Canadian orders as well.
Is this allowed/legal?
Many Thanks
Pete
Old Jun 14th 2011, 2:56 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigrating to Canada spouse working in USA for 4 hours a day.

Originally Posted by Jigthings
Hi
Is it possible to live Canada and for me (the spouse) to have a warehouse or lockup in the USA and travel backwards and forwards to America every day to pack and send out orders to the US?

We currently have a company in the UK and use a fulfilment centre in the US, we send over a spreadsheet every day and they pick and pack the orders for us.

I would need to cross the border daily to pack the orders and wait for the UPS guy to pick them up. And then travel back to Canada possibly with a couple of items every day if we had Canadian orders as well.
Is this allowed/legal?
Many Thanks
Pete
Not without permission to work in the US. Why not just mail the items from a Canadian warehouse?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Jigthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Thanks for the reply
I would have thought UPS would charge the customer $25 per item shipped into the US i know they do if we ship from USA to Canada but i will look into that
Thanks
Pete
Old Jun 14th 2011, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Or employ an American to do it.