Embassy wait times, ideas

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Embassy wait times, ideas

Right, so I've got my O1 paperwork. Time to book an interview. I saw this site and got a bit of a fright.

London wait times

47+3 days. Is this right? Belfast is a little quicker (33+2 days).

I notice that for other European embassies the times are drastically shorter. Is there anything to stop me going to, say, Ljubljana's Embassy and getting it done in a day? I've had visas done before in Canada, so I don't see why I can't nip over to Europe and get it done quickly.

Would the experts on here advise sticking to the UK?

I am now being paid while I wait, and I can work remotely for the short term, so it's not as urgent as it was, but it would be good to get to California as soon as I can from a project management perspective.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Embassy wait times, ideas

47 days for an interview at London Embassy?! Why is it so long compared to other places? Does it include weekends? (Sorry if that is a stupid question but I am full of them!) Guess husband needs to call them asap to arrange his interview for H1B. Although 47 days from today takes us up to the weekend that we leave for our summer vacation!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleyjag
Right, so I've got my O1 paperwork. Time to book an interview. I saw this site and got a bit of a fright.

London wait times

47+3 days. Is this right? Belfast is a little quicker (33+2 days).

I notice that for other European embassies the times are drastically shorter. Is there anything to stop me going to, say, Ljubljana's Embassy and getting it done in a day? I've had visas done before in Canada, so I don't see why I can't nip over to Europe and get it done quickly.

Would the experts on here advise sticking to the UK?

I am now being paid while I wait, and I can work remotely for the short term, so it's not as urgent as it was, but it would be good to get to California as soon as I can from a project management perspective.
Get in wherever will take you..would seem a logical choice
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

You're having the same issue I did last year. We're in the british summer season, and lots of brits (due to drunk driving and the like) have to attend the embassy in person to get a visa to travel to the US. When I was there, lots of people I spoke to were in this situation. Still annoyed me that they were going on a vacation and I was going on a life changing mission!

We had to wait about a month - 6 weeks for our appointment. The actual experience itself (whilst a long day and boring) was fine.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Has nobody tried to get their UK passport processed in another European country?

No horror stories?
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Has nobody tried to get their UK passport processed in another European country?

No horror stories?
OH once renewed his visa in Frankfurt..said they were really efficient and the best experience with USCIS he's ever had
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lisa67
OH once renewed his visa in Frankfurt..said they were really efficient and the best experience with USCIS he's ever had
Hi:

ROFL!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

ROFL!
I know...I found it hard to believe too!!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:12 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

No horror stories?
I did a couple of work visas in Krakow about a decade ago. Same day service (back then at least) and a couple of fun vacations.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 4:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

No horror stories?
Get your passport processed? Do you need to do that too? You'll want to handle that before you go for your visa interview.

There are several experiences posted here for people who went for their L visa interviews in Brussles; that's the Euro Consulate most frequently mentioned. The bigger cities probably won't be as interested; those Consulates are busy already.
Basically you need to contact the different Consulates and see if they will accept your case. They aren't required to do so if you're not a resident in their district.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK.

I just phoned them up. I got offered an interview tomorrow!

Obviously that is too soon, and I've set one for next week, however it goes to show that the site I listed above is nonsense.

Do O1 visas get rushed through the system quicker than other types?

The bloody well should, with the work that is required to get them!
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:01 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

OK.

Obviously that is too soon, and I've set one for next week, however it goes to show that the site I listed above is nonsense.

Uhhhh.. great?
Who did you call, where are you going? London?
I'd say that is reasonable for their general timeframe; cancellations do occur. (all those people who post here about their B interview & get talked into canceling!)
Old Jun 4th 2009, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah London. I forgot about canceled appointments.

Anyway yes, my new bosses in California are very happy today.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:43 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah London. I forgot about canceled appointments.

Anyway yes, my new bosses in California are very happy today.
when I booked our appointments they were trying their hardest to give me cancelled appointments over the dates we wanted. Couldn't take what they had as cancellations though as it was for the next day
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

OK.

How did interview go? Did you have to wait around for a long time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.