EB5 VISA QUESTION

Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:38 am
Just Joined

PEEBU is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EB5 VISA QUESTION

Hi all

Been using this forum for some great advice for a while now and thought it was about time I made the effort to join !!!

Myself and my wife are looking to emmigrate to Florida but dont want to run the risk of an E2 visa.

We would be looking at investing in an EB5 visa. Lot of money I know but hopefully worth it in the long run.

Been looking at a few investment options but non of them seem to answer the question of how to get the money back out after meeting the conditions after 2 years. Some schemes say you can sell your investment but do not say how or who to.

Does anyone have any experience of these schemes and could recommend a good one as the research I have done points me to some schemes not meeting the conditions after 2 years and therefore no green card !!!!

Thanks in advance

PRB
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB5 VISA QUESTION

I don't think they give specific advice on that since it's not really in the spirit of the visa and the investment.

Would be like saying the USCIS website doesn't give advice on getting divorced after being married for 2-years.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PEEBU
Been looking at a few investment options but non of them seem to answer the question of how to get the money back out after meeting the conditions after 2 years.
I have no idea... but here's a word or two of advice: There are no guarantees, so your entire investment is at risk. If you can't comfortably afford to lose your entire investment - don't invest.

Ian
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Been using this forum for some great advice for a while now and thought it was about time I made the effort to join !!!

Myself and my wife are looking to emmigrate to Florida but dont want to run the risk of an E2 visa.

We would be looking at investing in an EB5 visa. Lot of money I know but hopefully worth it in the long run.

Been looking at a few investment options but non of them seem to answer the question of how to get the money back out after meeting the conditions after 2 years. Some schemes say you can sell your investment but do not say how or who to.

Does anyone have any experience of these schemes and could recommend a good one as the research I have done points me to some schemes not meeting the conditions after 2 years and therefore no green card !!!!

Thanks in advance

PRB
you are buying a green card .. the return if any are minimal ...
Think beef
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the prompt response.

Surely if this is called an investment there should be some sort of financial gain (Which I would forgo if it gave me a green card after a period of time) and like all investments there is a tied in period, in this case 2 years but then after this you can either cash in or sell on or retain and get an income.

Does the US Government really believe that people will give them $500,000 to get a green card? Does this strike anyone else as counter productive? I am all for ensuring employment goes to the indiginous population but in order for the country to grow economically there needs to be some incentive to attract immigrants?

Think I need to take some professional immigration advice !!!!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

There is a guy called Andrew Barlett who will sell you his commentaries on the different EB5s and their pros and cons. I have no idea on the quality of his work but as far as I know he is the only guy offering such a service.

Last edited by cranston; Aug 31st 2010 at 3:43 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info. We had been using Andrew Bartlett as our guide to buying property in the US but he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth !! Luckily we didnt enter into any contract or hand over any cash !!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:48 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the US Government really believe that people will give them $500,000 to get a green card?
They can and they do! All seriousness though its not for 'real' investors as any serious investor knows, that they require a return on their investment. Which this doesnt guarantee. The EB5 is simply an expensive way 'to buy your way in'
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Seems a very strange state of affairs !!!!

To be honest, I would'nt mind not getting a return for 2 years if this guaranteed a green card and the $500,000 back !!

Lets hope the Obama administration gets a grip of this nonsense and makes it easier for people who want to contribute to and integrate into US society.

Seems odd that a partner nation has all this green tape !!!

Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:55 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
They can and they do! All seriousness though its not for 'real' investors as any serious investor knows, that they require a return on their investment. Which this doesnt guarantee. The EB5 is simply an expensive way 'to buy your way in'
You could even say that the green card(s) ARE the return on investment.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Fair point !!!!

Getting into other countries to live and work and contribute is far easier and less costly.

$500,000 for 2 bits of green card? A fair return?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:03 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Fair point !!!!

Getting into other countries to live and work and contribute is far easier and less costly.

<shrug> I already live here, so not for me. But that would be a good list for you to start for yourself!

Greece was cheap, but 'work and contribute' was a bit of a challenge.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Try Canada. $800k investment required (which you get back after 5 years with no interest), plus personal net worth of $1.6M.

Oz is I believe even higher - so the US actually seems cheap for investor visas to me!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:09 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranston
There is a guy called Andrew Barlett who will sell you his commentaries on the different EB5s and their pros and cons. I have no idea on the quality of his work but as far as I know he is the only guy offering such a service.
Another realtor with delusions of grandeur
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:10 pm
Ray

Fair point !!!!

Not if you have 4 children ..they all get included

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.