EB1 Job Description

Old Sep 19th 2018, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default EB1 Job Description

Hi,

Starting the process for the switch from L1A to EB1C. Due to pre-arranged travel the lawyers have advised that they will wait until January to submit the AOS (which is fine as not current yet), but the I140 has been submitted, with a RFE in response. Essentially it has asked for much more granular detail on the description of duties and the lawyers have advised this is a relatively new development they have seen, assuming given a slight change in emphasis on immigration!

So, to a question, the lawyers submitted the initial job description details after speaking to me, however, given the response they have asked me to provide a more detailed description and forwarded the wording provided in the RFE so I know what to compile. I have a pretty good grasp of what is needed, but wondered if anyone has any good examples of Job Duty descriptions for the Green Card process, specifically in relation to Executive/Managerial roles? I know from some research that the emphasis on certain words can be critical - so use Direct not Support. I have a few weeks to pull this together, so any help in the meantime will be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 7:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB1 Job Description

Perhaps one of the forum members who have done what you are attempting to do will come forward with a reply to your question. I'm hoping so as there are several including NUDDA who is presently going through the same.
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 12:22 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robtuck
Hi,

Starting the process for the switch from L1A to EB1C. Due to pre-arranged travel the lawyers have advised that they will wait until January to submit the AOS (which is fine as not current yet), but the I140 has been submitted, with a RFE in response. Essentially it has asked for much more granular detail on the description of duties and the lawyers have advised this is a relatively new development they have seen, assuming given a slight change in emphasis on immigration!

So, to a question, the lawyers submitted the initial job description details after speaking to me, however, given the response they have asked me to provide a more detailed description and forwarded the wording provided in the RFE so I know what to compile. I have a pretty good grasp of what is needed, but wondered if anyone has any good examples of Job Duty descriptions for the Green Card process, specifically in relation to Executive/Managerial roles? I know from some research that the emphasis on certain words can be critical - so use Direct not Support. I have a few weeks to pull this together, so any help in the meantime will be greatly appreciated.
I came here on a L1a in 2010 and my employer submitted an EB1C application that year which was approved in 2011. I believe they basicky just reused the same supporting letter form the I-129 for the I-140. It was not that long, maybe 5 pages, it lead of with my salary and package, then the first half was about the company and its business, then there was a paragraph about me being on the Board of Directors of the Europeans sub, and stating that I was on the Global Managment Committee etc, then it was just a break down of all the things I was responsible for day to day, as an aside I did not have any staff reporting to me directly, but I was responsible for a number functions. Then the last paragraph was about my degrees and years of work experience. I have been told that L1’s have become much tougher recently, and so it would follow that the EB1c would be similar. I remember having to rewrite much of the section about my role myself as I knew it better.

Im not sure how much advise anyone could give without knowing the specifics of your role or company, I think these are quite specific, I was at a small company and I am sure that would be a very different submission than a large multi national.

Good Luck.
Old Sep 24th 2018, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you - they did submit the same information as was used in the original L1A, which was approved (hence me being here), but it has been returned as not providing sufficient detail about Exec/Managerial duties - it has lines such as Conducting performance appraisals for direct reports, and other such bullet points you'd often find in a job description.

The job title is Senior Director of Global Workforce Management - a sexy title for experienced number cruncher with people reporting to him! The issue in my role is the focus in CV's and job recruitment is much more centred around experience in the profession, analytical nouse etc. and not the People Management side. The current focus on the EB1C appears to be a push to much more focus on the managerial aspects of the roles - I can be seen to be a "doer", I have to be shown to be the on who directs others to do (not supports!).

Not expecting huge amount of specifics, I doubt many people move for my type of role, more for anyone who has just done this successfully, looking for any pointers on what wording to use.
Old Sep 25th 2018, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just to add - this isn't about "sexing-up" up the role :-)

I do what i do, and the JD reflects that, it is the level of detail being asked for is more in depth than the L1A required, so I need to flesh out more of my daily responsibilities, specifically everything that has to do with the Managerial aspect. As per my original post - I have a good idea how to to pull this together, but each JD is different in use of wording, just looking for pointers on how best to detail things like Performance Appraisals - are we talking a single line item and the USCIS will know, ore do I need to get much more granular and explain the process? The RFE didn't say the role wasn't as required, more that they wanted more information about specifics int he categories.