EB-5 We have it!!!!!

Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:51 am
Banned

Solo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EB-5 We have it!!!!!

Originally Posted by billd
Aside from the risk they might not be able to travel before the deadline - for example unexpected medical emergency - are there any other risks when delaying entry in the US?

How much of a guarantee is the approval and stamp in the passport that they can enter the US regardless of the status of the visa category they are entering on. For example, if the EB-5 (or diversity visa for that matter) scheme were unexpectedly canceled before entry to the US, is that likely to retrospectively invalidate the visas of people who have not yet entered the US?
Hi

The EB-5 revised sunset date is now March 6 2009. In the case of Porvera who has until March 29 2009 to enter the USA and activate his temporary -(2year) green card status.

As I understand it, once your case status has been approved and visa's issued, as illustrated above, you can still enter the USA between say March 6 and the 29th.

Solo
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solo
Hi

As I understand it, once your case status has been approved and visa's issued, as illustrated above, you can still enter the USA between say March 6 and the 29th.

Solo
I would disagree... Don't give the POE any leeway ..arrive before the 6th March ..
Old Oct 5th 2008, 2:34 pm
Banned

Solo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
I would disagree... Don't give the POE any leeway ..arrive before the 6th March ..
Ray

I can understand the slight concern of what if... The POE officer would not have any grounds to refuse access under the terms of expiration based on Porvera's case.

I do thing it's important to distinguish between the proposed expiration of EB5petitions and that of an expiration date to enter the USA under the prior approved visa status.

With foresight, it will be inevitable.

Solo
Old Oct 5th 2008, 2:54 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ray
I can understand the slight concern of what if... The POE officer would not have any grounds to refuse access under the terms of expiration based on Porvera's case.
They don't like your face can be reason enough ...
You under-estimate their powers
Old Oct 5th 2008, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The POE officer would not have any grounds to refuse access under the terms of expiration based on Porvera's case.
Only a US citizen has the right of entry to the US. Everyone else... *everyone*... can be refused entry whether or not they have a valid visa. Further, if you start to argue why you should be allowed in, citing this regulation and that regulation... you'll very quickly find yourself initiating a series of events that will ultimately end badly for you. Ray's right.

Ian
Old Oct 6th 2008, 12:59 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ray

I do thing it's important to distinguish between the proposed expiration of EB5petitions and that of an expiration date to enter the USA under the prior approved visa status.

With foresight, it will be inevitable.

Solo
If the petition is made invalid (expired), the border agent may refuse entry even if the visa is valid. I remember a fiance K-1 who ran into this problem.

Mr F isn't known for rash warnings and he sees a lot more cases than the average poster.

There are a lot of assumptions in your post.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

I agree, we plan to go mid December

Thanks for the advice

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Interesting. The paranoid part of me says its not a good idea to wait until the last three weeks.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

snodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nice

We have our interview in London (same EB5 scheme as Provera) on the 29th October.
Assuming we don't do anything stupid at the interview, it is would appear likely that our visas will allow us to land in the US at some point up until 29 April 2009

Given the comments above, I'm wondering if it would be considered prudent to land as immigrants in Feb, stay for a week or so, and then come back to the UK to complete our arrangements.

My belief is/was that as temporary green card holders we are free to come and go in and out of the US (PoE officers willing) without any additional paperwork................ would that be correct?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snodog
... would that be correct?
If, in fact, you become PRs when you arrive in the US, then yes... your understanding is correct.

Ian
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

voltrader66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by porvera
Just to update you on our progress............ we have our visas!!!!

We had our interviews on Friday and according to the embassy, we should have our passports and EB-5 visas back in the next few days.

We invested in the Jay Peak project. The time frame from actually starting this process to getting the visas has taken from initial I-526 being filed on 28.02.08 - to interview on 26.09.08. So 7 months in total.

Good luck to everyone still waiting and fingers crossed that the programme continues.

Porvera
Hi Porvera, congrats for getting everything done in such a short time. I am thinking of investing with Jay Peak Stage 2. I am just so confused with the process, with so many people involved. Can I ask you for some help and recommendations?

Many Thanks
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:08 pm
Ray

EB-5 issued this week are being advised by their lawyer to arrive before March 6th ...
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:10 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by voltrader66
Hi Porvera, congrats for getting everything done in such a short time. I am thinking of investing with Jay Peak Stage 2. I am just so confused with the process, with so many people involved. Can I ask you for some help and recommendations?

Many Thanks
At this time I would be very careful on holiday resorts
discretionary spending by consumer is dropping fast, even Disney
is laying off worker at a fast rate.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:26 am
Just Joined

voltrader66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
At this time I would be very careful on holiday resorts
discretionary spending by consumer is dropping fast, even Disney
is laying off worker at a fast rate.
Ray, thanks for the advice. I was skeptical at first but they do seem to have made progress with the projects. The issue of whether they will meet the employment target in 2 years time is of course a concern to me. I have looked at quite a few other projects and they all seem speculative in the current environment. I would welcome any other suggestions.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 6:55 am
Just Joined

billd is an unknown quantity at this point

I came to the same conclusion on Jay Peak when I looked at EB-5 last year. IMHO the CanAm Philadelphia and American Life Seattle projects are the pick of the bunch.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:01 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by billd
I came to the same conclusion on Jay Peak when I looked at EB-5 last year. IMHO the CanAm Philadelphia and American Life Seattle projects are the pick of the bunch.
My fave is the beef....but the Koreans have that sewn up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.