EB-5 We have it!!!!!

Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice
Default EB-5 We have it!!!!!

Just to update you on our progress............ we have our visas!!!!

We had our interviews on Friday and according to the embassy, we should have our passports and EB-5 visas back in the next few days.

We invested in the Jay Peak project. The time frame from actually starting this process to getting the visas has taken from initial I-526 being filed on 28.02.08 - to interview on 26.09.08. So 7 months in total.

Good luck to everyone still waiting and fingers crossed that the programme continues.

Porvera
Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB-5 We have it!!!!!

Congratulations!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

skydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to behold

Well done and all the best for the future
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by porvera

We had our interviews on Friday and according to the embassy, we should have our passports and EB-5 visas back in the next few days.

We invested in the Jay Peak project. The time frame from actually starting this process to getting the visas has taken from initial I-526 being filed on 28.02.08 - to interview on 26.09.08. So 7 months in total.

Good luck to everyone still waiting and fingers crossed that the programme continues.

Porvera
Hi:

Just out of idle curiosity, I would like to know what the expiry date of the visas will be? March 6, 2009 or six months from the date of issuance [late March 2009].

The regional center stuff was just extended to March 6, 2009.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Beachbound is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to you! That was really fast! We just received our approval on Friday but being from Canada, I don't expect our interview at the Montreal Consulate until June or July or perhaps earlier.......fingers crossed!
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:04 am
Just Joined

sinloki is an unknown quantity at this point

Porvera
Congrats! And thanks for the FYI on the time line. That helps. What was the interview like?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

Not sure as the passports are being couriered back today, so should be here tomorrow. The girl at the embassy did say that we would have six months to use the visa. I assumed she meant from now.

Porvera

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Just out of idle curiosity, I would like to know what the expiry date of the visas will be? March 6, 2009 or six months from the date of issuance [late March 2009].

Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

whereabouts in the USA are you heading to?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

We are heading to the Boston area.

I also forgot to mention a few other points regarding interview etc.

We were actually scheduled to have the interview on the 22nd Oct but I received a tel call from the embassy asking if we could go in the following week (last Friday), as they were not sure if the EB-5 programme would be extended beyond the 30.09.08.

So our timescale should really have been plus 1 month.

The interview and medical were actually quite straight forward, although extremely stressfull purely becuase so much is riding on getting the approval.

They did ask about the programme we had invested in. I have been there twice so that helped. Why we had invested, why this programme, why we wanted to move ect etc.

Thank you for the congratulations and good luck to everyone else

Porvera
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

JohnPaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, Porvera!
Our I-526 was approved just recently. We've invested on the Marriott project with American Life Inc.
Your story at the embassy gives me a little concern whether there'd be EB-5 visa quota beyond March, 2009 when the sun sets.

We were actually scheduled to have the interview on the 22nd Oct but I received a tel call from the embassy asking if we could go in the following week (last Friday), as they were not sure if the EB-5 programme would be extended beyond the 30.09.08.

The interview and medical were actually quite straight forward, although extremely stressfull purely becuase so much is riding on getting the approval.

They did ask about the programme we had invested in. I have been there twice so that helped. Why we had invested, why this programme, why we wanted to move ect etc.

Porvera
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Not sure if anyone but me had any last minute doubts about the EB-5 not being renewed in the 11th hour, but the president signed the bill today, so it's all official that we now have a reprieve until March 6th, 2009. The EB-5 renewal was attached in a provision to bill H.R. 2638 (or so I've been told) which was signed today according to a press release from the White House that I just read. Thank goodness for the internet. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone else know in case anyone else is as much of a worrier as I am.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Porvera
Thanks again for sharing your experience. This process is turning me into an information junky.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Now that we have received the passports and sealed envelopes ( to be handed over at the port of entry) I can confirm that the date by which we need to enter the USA is 29.03.09

Porvera

Hi:

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Now that we have received the passports and sealed envelopes ( to be handed over at the port of entry) I can confirm that the date by which we need to enter the USA is 29.03.09

Porvera
Hi:

Interesting. The paranoid part of me says its not a good idea to wait until the last three weeks.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 5:25 am
Just Joined

billd is an unknown quantity at this point

The paranoid part of me says its not a good idea to wait until the last three weeks.
Aside from the risk they might not be able to travel before the deadline - for example unexpected medical emergency - are there any other risks when delaying entry in the US?

How much of a guarantee is the approval and stamp in the passport that they can enter the US regardless of the status of the visa category they are entering on. For example, if the EB-5 (or diversity visa for that matter) scheme were unexpectedly canceled before entry to the US, is that likely to retrospectively invalidate the visas of people who have not yet entered the US?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.