EB-5 -V- E2

Old May 29th 2011, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

shining light is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EB-5 -V- E2

I did a little research on the EB-5 as an alternative to the E2 and I think both have their fair share of risks and pitfalls, what do you think?

The way I see it is:

E2: Invest $100-15000 on a business (could be more of course)
Legal costs say $20,000
Buy a house, car & furnishings, lets say $250,000
Healthcare ???

Initial outlay around $370,000 - $420,000 + Healthcare.

Never get a green card, at risk of getting deported and having to run a biz until the day you die.

EB-5: Invest $500,000.
Admin/legal fees $60 - $100,000
Buy a house, car & furnishings $250,000
Healthcare ???

Initial outlay around $810,000 - $850,000 + Healthcare

Much better chance of getting a Green Card but huge possibility it will have cost $560 - $600,000 to do so.

Any other thoughts/observations?
Old May 29th 2011, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB-5 -V- E2

why do you need to buy a house?
Old May 29th 2011, 3:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shining light
I did a little research on the EB-5 as an alternative to the E2 and I think both have their fair share of risks and pitfalls, what do you think?

The way I see it is:

E2: Invest $100-15000 on a business (could be more of course)
Legal costs say $20,000
Buy a house, car & furnishings, lets say $250,000
Healthcare ???

Initial outlay around $370,000 - $420,000 + Healthcare.

Never get a green card, at risk of getting deported and having to run a biz until the day you die.

Admin/legal fees $60 - $100,000
Buy a house, car & furnishings $250,000
Healthcare ???

Initial outlay around $810,000 - $850,000 + Healthcare

Much better chance of getting a Green Card but huge possibility it will have cost $560 - $600,000 to do so.

Any other thoughts/observations?
E2: Invest $150K-$200K on a business (could be more of course)
Legal costs say $20,000
Buy a house, car & furnishings, lets say $100,000 (where)
Healthcare ???

Admin/legal fees $60K ish
Buy a house, car & furnishings $100,000 (where
Healthcare ???

can get you a green card ..business fails... your green card condition are not removed .. you leave the US... everything lost
Old May 29th 2011, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shining light
I think both have their fair share of risks and pitfalls, what do you think?
I concur 100%... they both have their fair share of risks and pitfalls.

Ian
Old May 29th 2011, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Why do I need to buy a house?

I have heard of the tornados you get over there and didn't much fancy my chances in a tent!! Oh, and I don't like to rent..........I could have been a Poet? (or not).

Also, I forgot to add to the EB-5 option that I would probably have to start a business(unlikely to get a job at 53 and more so when there are so many Americans out of work). Let's say that cost me $100,000, my outlay would now be almost a million Dollars, $100,000 (admin/fees) would be gone and there is every possibility I could lose the $500,000 too.

So, which way to go if I decide on the States as opposed to the UK?

No Green Card and risk getting thrown out of the country if the authorities aren't impressed against...

Risking $600,000 and hopefully getting a Green Card and also hoping the business work out?

So difficult, and then there is the Health care issue. Hmm
Old May 30th 2011, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Ravi69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you have to decide which country you want to settle in then look at your options. For me it's USA and I am going with EB-5. I'm looking at around USD560K total outlay and am confident I'll get my USD500K back after five years- make sure you're going with a company, or Regional Center, that actually sets up and runs the business. Many of the Regional Centers don't- they just lend your money to a third party, usually to build a hotel/office block and so creating the jobs is tricky.
Old May 30th 2011, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ravi69, if I choose this route then I will need to do more detailed research on my options. Out of interest, which one have you gone with and how long do you think the process will last?

Do you anticipate receiving monthly returns or just getting your investment back?

What will you do when you get there, do you have a job to go to or will you be starting a business?

Thanks

Last edited by shining light; May 30th 2011 at 11:31 am.
Old May 31st 2011, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Hi,
I don't expect a return, and am confident that I'll get my investment back. Make sure that the people you deal with are running the business that your money goes in-and make sure their focus is creating jobs, not necessarily giving you a return. I'm dealing with CAISC- they are not agents and they have offices in Shanghai and Singapore. I deal with their Singapore guy,Mike ([email protected]). They're setting up good businesses in California- I liked their business plans and the focus on creating jobs. One other tip- make sure you visit the project, meet the key people etc. These guys have a great immigration attorney and tax advisors and they're realistic- six months to get the temp. green card.

I may work, or set up a small business but for me it's all about getting the green card and the family settled in the US. Fortunately I don't have to worry too much about money.
Old May 31st 2011, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Hi Ravi69, thanks for your help. It sounds as though you are ready to go and you are very confident in CAISC. What do they do, what will you actually be investing in?

"I Don't really need to worry about money"...........Nice.
Old May 31st 2011, 1:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ravi69
I don't expect a return, and am confident that I'll get my investment back.
You may be the only one
I'm dealing with CAISC- they are not agents and they have offices in Shanghai and Singapore. I deal with their Singapore guy,Mike ([email protected]). .
Interestly the only mention of CAISC on google is you on other sites .. they dont appear to have a web site under that name

Nor does USCIS ..perhaps they use a diffent name
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00b92ca60aRCRD
Old May 31st 2011, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

I may work, or set up a small business but for me it's all about getting the green card and the family settled in the US.
Understood and good luck
Old Jun 1st 2011, 2:12 am
Just Joined

Hi,
I don't expect a return, and am confident that I'll get my investment back. Make sure that the people you deal with are running the business that your money goes in-and make sure their focus is creating jobs, not necessarily giving you a return. I'm dealing with CAISC- they are not agents and they have offices in Shanghai and Singapore. I deal with their Singapore guy,Mike ([email protected]). They're setting up good businesses in California- I liked their business plans and the focus on creating jobs. One other tip- make sure you visit the project, meet the key people etc. These guys have a great immigration attorney and tax advisors and they're realistic- six months to get the temp. green card.

I may work, or set up a small business but for me it's all about getting the green card and the family settled in the US. Fortunately I don't have to worry too much about money.
They are at www.caisc.org
We're investing in a new sub-acute care nursing home in the Oakland area of California. Oakland is the headquarters of one of the USA's largest hospital groups so I feel this is a business that will work and create the jobs so we get the green card.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

Hi

I considered both but have now decided to go with the EB5.

I didnt want to run a business nor have constant concerns about renewal.
I recognise the risks in the EB5 investment but just feel a little more comfortable with it.Of course nothing is guaranteed and its just a question of doing as much due diligence as possible before deciding.

I think the American Life project, Marriot hotel EB5 is worth checking out.

http://news.marriott.com/2011/04/dev...er-next-t.html
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ginstwin, you are probably right, and if it all works out you will not only receive some or maybe even all your money back, you won't have to run a business until the day you die either.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

dianajoseph is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you have to decide which country you want to settle in then look at your options. For me it's USA and I am going with EB-5. I'm looking at around USD560K total outlay and am confident I'll get my USD500K back after five years- make sure you're going with a company, or Regional Center, that actually sets up and runs the business. Many of the Regional Centers don't- they just lend your money to a third party, usually to build a hotel/office block and so creating the jobs is tricky.
Did you ever get through with the EB5 route

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.