EB-3 cap and processing times.

Old May 28th 2014, 1:59 am
UCanadian

Cepheus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EB-3 cap and processing times.

Hi.

I am looking to move permanently to the USA and hopefully obtain a Green Card. I have major interest from companies and I have been asked to find out what is required.

What I have trouble finding is information on the EB-3 cap and processing times for a UK (born) citizen.

I am currently in Canada and have been made redundant. My field (online video streaming) is in low demand in Canada, so I am now looking at USA.

Thanks for any help or links offered.
Old May 28th 2014, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB-3 cap and processing times.

Originally Posted by Cepheus
Hi.

I am looking to move permanently to the USA and hopefully obtain a Green Card. I have major interest from companies and I have been asked to find out what is required.

What I have trouble finding is information on the EB-3 cap and processing times for a UK (born) citizen.

I am currently in Canada and have been made redundant. My field (online video streaming) is in low demand in Canada, so I am now looking at USA.

Thanks for any help or links offered.
Priority date for EB-3 is currently October 2012. That means USCIS is currently processing applications submitted in October 2012. However priority date for EB-3 was about 5-6 years a couple of years ago so that can change.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visa...-may-2014.html
Old May 28th 2014, 12:16 pm
UCanadian

Originally Posted by Michael
Priority date for EB-3 is currently October 2012. That means USCIS is currently processing applications submitted in October 2012. However priority date for EB-3 was about 5-6 years a couple of years ago so that can change.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visa...-may-2014.html
Thank you so much. That is totally crazy, how can a company or people expect to wait that long.
Old May 28th 2014, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My field (online video streaming) is in low demand in Canada...
Wow! I wouldn't have thought that was possible in the GTA. Have you considered Vancouver?

That is totally crazy, how can a company or people expect to wait that long.
Once they find out how long it takes, they won't wait... they'll likely withdraw any offer. That they have asked you to find out, means they have no clue about the process.

I suggest you make alternate plans.

Ian
Old May 28th 2014, 12:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much. That is totally crazy, how can a company or people expect to wait that long.
Most don't apply for an EB immigrant visa but get a company transfer on a L-1 visa or apply for a H1-B visa and then adjust status via EB classifications. That is why the wait got to about 5-6 years prior to the recession for EB-3 as everyone was applying for adjustment of status.

I suspect that during the recession, many on L-1 or H-1B visas were laid off and their application for adjusting status were abandoned eliminating much of the backlog reducing the wait time to about 2 years to start the process.

EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 are immigrant visas/classifications and when approved, the person and immediate family becomes a legal permanent residents with green cards.

If you were a Canadian citizen, you'd easily get a TN-1 visa if you have the requirements. TN-1 visas are routinely issued at the broader when someone has a job offer that fits the requirements.

Last edited by Michael; May 28th 2014 at 12:59 pm.
Old May 28th 2014, 3:07 pm
UCanadian

Originally Posted by Michael
Most don't apply for an EB immigrant visa but get a company transfer on a L-1 visa or apply for a H1-B visa and then adjust status via EB classifications. That is why the wait got to about 5-6 years prior to the recession for EB-3 as everyone was applying for adjustment of status.

I suspect that during the recession, many on L-1 or H-1B visas were laid off and their application for adjusting status were abandoned eliminating much of the backlog reducing the wait time to about 2 years to start the process.

EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 are immigrant visas/classifications and when approved, the person and immediate family becomes a legal permanent residents with green cards.

If you were a Canadian citizen, you'd easily get a TN-1 visa if you have the requirements. TN-1 visas are routinely issued at the broader when someone has a job offer that fits the requirements.
Unfortunately I am not a Canadian citizen in this case.

I have been looking at a H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Worker visa, which could be valid up to 3 years. Hopefully enough time for a EB-2 visa to be filled and processed. Is this a viable route? Thanks.
Old May 28th 2014, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a viable route?
Yes - as long as you have a US company willing to sponsor you for the visa.

Ian