EB-1 = How Long?

Old Jun 19th 2016, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

Parisangel will become famous soon enough
Default EB-1 = How Long?

We are now about to petition for a green card under EB-1 premium processing. I know that the initial decision will come within 15 days, but trying to understand how long it will take until the process is complete?

Thanks!!
Old Jun 19th 2016, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Chrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB-1 = How Long?

Are you doing concurrent I-140 and I-485?

The website Trackitt.com can give you an idea of current processing times.

FWIW I was personally advised against premium processing as it may not give the immigration official time to read your petition in detail and could result in RFE's just to stall the process. This is especially true if your submission is a weighty tome (Mine was a stack of paper three inches deep - I am sure they only have time to scan it at best...)
Old Jun 20th 2016, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

I think we are doing concurrent. The new employer wants to do PP, so fingers crossed. How long was your process end to end?
Old Jun 20th 2016, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Chrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond reputeChrisdc has a reputation beyond repute

My entire process took 18 months. An initial 6 months of gathering letters of recommendation, press coverage, awards, etc.. We filed non-premium I-140 at the beginning of January 2011, it was approved November 2011. We filed I-485 January 2012 and got approval in April.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

londonj is an unknown quantity at this point

I started speaking to lawyers in Sept 2015. Filed EB-1 in Feb 2016 with PP, received RFE on day 9. Sent in further evidence and was approved in March. Biometrics, etc took about three weeks. Embassy appointment for photo and finger prints was scheduled for April (USCIS booked the appointment). I-512 received end May. The wait to receive the actual green card continues.

My process has taken 9 months so far with PP.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Really helpful, thanks!!