Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD status if E3 is applied again?

Wikiposts

EAD status if E3 is applied again?

Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:23 am
Just Joined

arvindrang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD status if E3 is applied again?

Hi,

I currently have an E3 visa (expires 2008) and my wife is on E3D visa. I am going to switch job hence applying for a new E3 visa with the new employer. Can you please tell me:
1. Does my wife need to apply for a new E3D?
2. If yes then what happens to the EAD which is in process and we should receive it soon. EAD is based on I94 so this would mean we will get a new I94 as we will have to go out of the country and stamp new visa and come back again?
3. Can the same EAD be used even if new E3D is received??
Please help.

Thanks
Old Mar 10th 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

MrBurns1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD status if E3 is applied again?

Originally Posted by arvindrang
Hi,

I currently have an E3 visa (expires 2008) and my wife is on E3D visa. I am going to switch job hence applying for a new E3 visa with the new employer. Can you please tell me:
1. Does my wife need to apply for a new E3D?
2. If yes then what happens to the EAD which is in process and we should receive it soon. EAD is based on I94 so this would mean we will get a new I94 as we will have to go out of the country and stamp new visa and come back again?
3. Can the same EAD be used even if new E3D is received??
Please help.

Thanks
I am in the same situation. Just got my approval for a new E3 after switching employers. My wife also got her I539 approved. My lawyer says that her current EAD is valid and we just have to apply for a new EAD so it stays consistant with her visa approval.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 7:40 am
Just Joined

arvindrang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrBurns1980
I am in the same situation. Just got my approval for a new E3 after switching employers. My wife also got her I539 approved. My lawyer says that her current EAD is valid and we just have to apply for a new EAD so it stays consistant with her visa approval.
Hi,

Thanks for your information. I am also gonig to file for a new E3 now as I am changing employment. Is this the only way to do it?
I am here on E3 and now got another job. How do you transition to a new job with this visa? Do i need to apply for a new E3 (going out to Canada etc and get it filed?) or can I just transfer it within US quickly? Can you please help. Also pls write at [email protected] and If you are in US I would really like to speak to you and discuss this new E3 visa.
Thanks,
Old Mar 11th 2007, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

MrBurns1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arvindrang
Hi,

Thanks for your information. I am also gonig to file for a new E3 now as I am changing employment. Is this the only way to do it?
I am here on E3 and now got another job. How do you transition to a new job with this visa? Do i need to apply for a new E3 (going out to Canada etc and get it filed?) or can I just transfer it within US quickly? Can you please help. Also pls write at [email protected] and If you are in US I would really like to speak to you and discuss this new E3 visa.
Thanks,
Hi you dont need to go out of the US. Ask your new company to file for your E3 petition (I-129). It should take about 20 days to get approved. After its approved you can start working for your new employer. Unlike H1, E3 doesnt have portability although this is being implemented (read the last DOS federal register statement about changes to E3). But at this moment you cannot legally start working for your new employer without the petition being approved.
An alternate way is to get your approved LCA from your new employer and go to a conusulate in Canada and get a stamping which will allow you to start working for your new employer right away. But it would probably take you 2 weeks to get an appoinment anyway.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

PHook is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrBurns1980
Hi you dont need to go out of the US. Ask your new company to file for your E3 petition (I-129). It should take about 20 days to get approved. After its approved you can start working for your new employer. Unlike H1, E3 doesnt have portability although this is being implemented (read the last DOS federal register statement about changes to E3). But at this moment you cannot legally start working for your new employer without the petition being approved.
An alternate way is to get your approved LCA from your new employer and go to a conusulate in Canada and get a stamping which will allow you to start working for your new employer right away. But it would probably take you 2 weeks to get an appoinment anyway.
Please disregard my last posting - you have answered my question...thank you!
PH