EAD renewal just took 6 months!

Old Jan 11th 2020, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down EAD renewal just took 6 months!

well the title says it all. First EAD only took just over 2 mths, this time MUCH longer. Not great when you are on a 12 mth visa!
Old Jan 11th 2020, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD renewal just took 6 months!

Did you Expedite?
Old Jan 11th 2020, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

no... I stupidly didn't realize I could when I reapplied and when I called to ask about it, they advised me write to USCIS - which I did but never heard anything. As with many things since my move here, I am learning by my mistakes!!
Old Jan 11th 2020, 9:41 pm
Account Closed

Well you call them and they will contact you to send in your supporting info.

Or get your Congressperson involved.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 1:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
well the title says it all. First EAD only took just over 2 mths, this time MUCH longer. Not great when you are on a 12 mth visa!
What 12 month visa are you on that allows you to work but requires an EAD? I know with a J there is no EAD required.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 7:09 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
Wow I remember you asking about that a while back, and then posting that mine took 3 months. Should clarify that was my first one though.

(Now I have it, not sure I want to use it!)
Old Jan 12th 2020, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

My wife just encountered a similar timeline. Her's took 6 months and a couple of days.

I understand that expedites are now effectively unobtainable for anything but the most pressing reasons (e.g. child needing cancer treatment).

So no point kicking yourself. You almost certainly would not have been expedited even if you requested it.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

EAD's for work seem to be the most common, EAD for AP are certainly possible. Sometimes you apply for one and they issue a Combo card.

Job offer and financial hardship seems to do the trick, there is no guarantee in any given case, they are discretionary.

Whatever your case, no downside in having a go.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
What 12 month visa are you on that allows you to work but requires an EAD? I know with a J there is no EAD required.
L2.....my other half is on L1 new office which is initially 12 mths then 2 yr with each extension, however due to an impromptu office relocation (to a different state), we are repeating the initial 12 mths

Last edited by karenkaren1; Jan 15th 2020 at 3:53 am.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kooky.
Wow I remember you asking about that a while back, and then posting that mine took 3 months. Should clarify that was my first one though.

(Now I have it, not sure I want to use it!)
yep!! u would think logically that renewals would be quicker. probably irrelevant tho

Last edited by karenkaren1; Jan 15th 2020 at 3:49 am.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 4:25 am
Account Closed

Well the time delay is how long it takes to get to the top of the pile, doing it probably takes little time renewal or otherwise. Hence the benefit of an expedite.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know, it is indeed irrelavent whether it's a renewal or a new application. The form is the same. I understand the actual form takes roughly 15 minutes to process max.

The time taken to process the form is attributable to resources. More applications = longer timescales.

Resource is applied against different forms, (and different kind of forms) based on a directives from up high as to which cases to prioritize on a weekly basis. Hence you get long periods where very few forms of any one type are processed followed by a flurry of approvals in a week.

In my experience over the last 6 months L2 EADs are taking significantly longer than H4 EADs and E2 EADs at VSC at least. Expedite requests are summarily denied and as good as pointless unless you have genuine emergency need. A pending job offer doesn't constitute emergent need either.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

Financial Hardship and a Job Offer

For most with a job they will loose you should be in a good position to make a case.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boiler
Financial Hardship and a Job Offer

For most with a job they will loose you should be in a good position to make a case.
This would not put you in a good position to make a case I'm afraid.

Financial hardship generally means something like you're facing large medical bills and risking bankruptcy. Potentially losing your job isn't considered sufficient hardship.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

If there is official examples of what is and is not I have not come across it, have seen many cases which look dubious approved, have a go. Just do not assume you will be successful.It is subjective and a call by the person reviewing your file.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.