EAD Renewal

Old Feb 19th 2001, 11:26 pm
Rita Not Hanks Wife Wilson

Actually if you are in a district that does not allow you to get the EAD the same day as
you walk in the application, you are suppose to file for the renewal 90 days before its
expiration. Yup you are a bit behind. What office are you using?

Rita

nicole neuens-palmer <[email protected]> wrote in article

> I'm kind of concerned that i have left things a little late here. My EAD expires at the
> end of March and i am appying for renewal today. I am waiting for my AOS interview and
> have recently given my fingerprints so i spose i have been pretty relaxed working for a
> year now. I am up a creek without a paddle? Until this evening when i started to read a
> bit deeper
i
> didn't realise that the INS expects your renewal after six months. Help.
>
> Tim
>

Old Feb 19th 2001, 11:50 pm
nicole neuens-palmer

I'm kind of concerned that i have left things a little late here. My EAD expires at the
end of March and i am appying for renewal today. I am waiting for my AOS interview and
have recently given my fingerprints so i spose i have been pretty relaxed working for a
year now. I am up a creek without a paddle? Until this evening when i started to read a
bit deeper i didn't realise that the INS expects your renewal after six months. Help.

Tim

Old Feb 21st 2001, 1:27 am
Nicole

I'm in the Milwaukee, WI district.

Tim

"Rita (Not Hank's Wife) Wilson" <[email protected]>
> > I'm kind of concerned that i have left things a little late here. My
EAD
> > expires at the end of March and i am appying for renewal today. I am waiting for my
> > AOS interview and have recently given my fingerprints so
i
> > spose i have been pretty relaxed working for a year now. I am up a
creek
> > without a paddle? Until this evening when i started to read a bit
deeper
> i
> > didn't realise that the INS expects your renewal after six months.
Help.
> >
> > Tim
> >
> >

Old Feb 25th 2001, 3:54 pm
Marjeta Cedilnik

"Rita (Not Hank's Wife) Wilson" wrote:
>
> Actually if you are in a district that does not allow you to get the EAD the same day as
> you walk in the application, you are suppose to file for the renewal 90 days before its
> expiration. Yup you are a bit behind. What office are you using?

90 days might not do for some offices, for example, Vermont:
- you apply by mail, so you have to add at least 1 day for overnight mail, more if you use
regular mail
- it takes them about 1 month to open your mail and send you a receipt notice (90 days
starts from here, NOT from the day you drop it in the mail!!!)
- then it takes them "up to 90 days" to process, which might be business days -- I'm not
sure; I got different responses from different officers I got on the phone
- then it takes them up to 1 month to print the card (your application has been approved
at that point, but there's no way for you to prove it...)
- then it takes about a week to mail the card to you

When you add these numbers, you get almost 6 months in the worst case.

Of course, if you're lucky and you get them outside their rush time, you can get your EAD
in as low as 1 month altogether. But if being able to work is very important to you, don't
count on luck and APPLY 6 MONTHS in advance!!!

I was in a REALLY stressful situation, when almost up to the last minute I didn't know
whether I'd get my new EAD in time or not. My employer told me that they are very strict
about work permits and they'd have to fire me if I didn't get it in time.

Luckily, I got my green card stamp 3 days before the old EAD's expiration, and the next
day later the new EAD came in the mail. As my boss and I joked: I can now work for two
people...

Marjeta

--
Marjeta Cedilnik [email protected] No situation is so bad that it couldn't be solved with
a decent miracle. Nobena situacija ni tako zavo"zena, da je ne bi mogel re"siti en
po"sten "cude"z.