EAD Question

Old Jul 7th 2001, 3:37 pm
Rick Campbell

We didn't file for the EAD with the initial paperwork. BIG mistake. Anyway, I
submitted the form for my wife later. They returned it and said we needed something
else added to the form. We added that and mailed it in again. It came back again with
the notation that we had to go in person to submit the form and payment. We drove to
L.A., but it was the day, the last day, of the latest amnesty thing and the line was
a good 1/4 of a mile long just to get into the building. As it was early afternoon at
that time, we went home. Well, L.A. is 2.5 hours away and we know have a 4 week old
baby. Has anybody heard of having to submit the form in person? I'm thinking the
person who processed it may have been overzealous and if we just mail it in again, we
may just get the appointment. Any thoughts on this?

Rick & Katy & Alexa

Old Jul 7th 2001, 11:04 pm
Daisy

You have to submit the form in person because they need a fingerprint.

Daisy

>
Anyway,
    >
needed
    >
    >
the
    >
the
    >
get
    >
    >
anybody
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 8th 2001, 12:58 am
Rick Campbell

Yes, but when you file the entire fiancee package initially, they take it through the
mail without fingerprints.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > We didn't file for the EAD with the initial paperwork. BIG mistake.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > I submitted the form for my wife later. They returned it and said we[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > something else added to the form. We added that and mailed it in again.[/usenetquote2]
It
[usenetquote2]> > came back again with the notation that we had to go in person to submit[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > form and payment. We drove to L.A., but it was the day, the last day, of[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > latest amnesty thing and the line was a good 1/4 of a mile long just to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > into the building. As it was early afternoon at that time, we went home. Well,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > L.A. is 2.5 hours away and we know have a 4 week old baby. Has[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > heard of having to submit the form in person? I'm thinking the person[/usenetquote2]
who
[usenetquote2]> > processed it may have been overzealous and if we just mail it in again,[/usenetquote2]
we
[usenetquote2]> > may just get the appointment. Any thoughts on this?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Rick & Katy & Alexa[/usenetquote2]

Old Jul 8th 2001, 3:36 am
Daisy

I still think you have to show up there in order to receive your EAD because they
take a print to put on your card.

Daisy

>
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > You have to submit the form in person because they need a fingerprint.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Daisy[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > We didn't file for the EAD with the initial paperwork. BIG mistake.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Anyway,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > I submitted the form for my wife later. They returned it and said we[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > needed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > something else added to the form. We added that and mailed it in[/usenetquote2]
again.
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > came back again with the notation that we had to go in person to[/usenetquote2]
submit
[usenetquote2]> > the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > form and payment. We drove to L.A., but it was the day, the last day,[/usenetquote2]
of
[usenetquote2]> > the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > latest amnesty thing and the line was a good 1/4 of a mile long just[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> > get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > into the building. As it was early afternoon at that time, we went[/usenetquote2]
home.
[usenetquote2]> > > Well, L.A. is 2.5 hours away and we know have a 4 week old baby. Has[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > anybody[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > heard of having to submit the form in person? I'm thinking the person[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > processed it may have been overzealous and if we just mail it in[/usenetquote2]
again,
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > may just get the appointment. Any thoughts on this?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Rick & Katy & Alexa[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Jul 9th 2001, 1:14 am
Rick Campbell

I have no problem showing up for the EAD interview. It's the having to file the form
and get a LATER interview date that bothers me. Especially considering that if you
file the EAD form with your original paperwork, they send you back an interview date
automatically.

>
because
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Yes, but when you file the entire fiancee package initially, they take[/usenetquote2]
it
[usenetquote2]> > through the mail without fingerprints.[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > You have to submit the form in person because they need a fingerprint.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Daisy[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > > We didn't file for the EAD with the initial paperwork. BIG mistake.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Anyway,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > I submitted the form for my wife later. They returned it and said we[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > needed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > something else added to the form. We added that and mailed it in[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > It[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > came back again with the notation that we had to go in person to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > form and payment. We drove to L.A., but it was the day, the last[/usenetquote2]
day,
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > latest amnesty thing and the line was a good 1/4 of a mile long just[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > into the building. As it was early afternoon at that time, we went[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > Well, L.A. is 2.5 hours away and we know have a 4 week old baby. Has[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > anybody[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > heard of having to submit the form in person? I'm thinking the[/usenetquote2]
person
[usenetquote2]> > who[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > processed it may have been overzealous and if we just mail it in[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > we[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > may just get the appointment. Any thoughts on this?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Rick & Katy & Alexa[/usenetquote2]

Old Jul 9th 2001, 6:30 pm
Evan and Sheila

You should be able to file it through the mail. Of course you will have to go down
to get the card made and all that. I'd suggest finding someone who has recent
experience with LA.

>
file
    >
    >
they
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I still think you have to show up there in order to receive your EAD[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > they take a print to put on your card.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Daisy[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Yes, but when you file the entire fiancee package initially, they take[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > through the mail without fingerprints.[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > > You have to submit the form in person because they need a[/usenetquote2]
fingerprint.
[usenetquote2]> > > > Daisy[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > > > We didn't file for the EAD with the initial paperwork. BIG[/usenetquote2]
mistake.
[usenetquote2]> > > > Anyway,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > I submitted the form for my wife later. They returned it and said[/usenetquote2]
we
[usenetquote2]> > > > needed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > something else added to the form. We added that and mailed it in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > again.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > It[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > came back again with the notation that we had to go in person to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > submit[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > form and payment. We drove to L.A., but it was the day, the last[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > latest amnesty thing and the line was a good 1/4 of a mile long[/usenetquote2]
just
[usenetquote2]> > to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > into the building. As it was early afternoon at that time, we went[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > home.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > Well, L.A. is 2.5 hours away and we know have a 4 week old baby.[/usenetquote2]
Has
[usenetquote2]> > > > anybody[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > heard of having to submit the form in person? I'm thinking the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > who[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > processed it may have been overzealous and if we just mail it in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > again,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > we[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > may just get the appointment. Any thoughts on this?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > Rick & Katy & Alexa[/usenetquote2]

Old Jul 9th 2001, 7:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rick

Daisy is a bit confused. You are correct. Normally you mail in the EAD and when you get the apppointment, your wife will have her single print taken for the card and the photograph done and will walk out with the EAD Card.

May I suggest that if you don't mind taking the drive again, do so and this time go to the volunteer attorney's office in the building and pay the few extra dollars to have them submit the I-765 for you.

Rita