E3 visa

Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

floating is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E3 visa

Originally Posted by ozEcho
Mate, there are 10,500 E3 visas availlable just for Aussies... and only 65,000 H1B's for the rest of the world.

I dont think you have a problem, the E3 quota has never been reached.
that is what I thought, mate

and one more question. How long normally can get E3 visa done if I get offer?

Ta
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean how quickly can you get it? If so, usually as soon as you have the LCA and offer letter and all your paperwork, the time limiting factor is when you can get the appointment at the consulate. If you can get one quickly, the visa can be done within a few days.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

homer4all is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Members,

I know it's a very very basic question but I thought of floating in this BIG threads where you get all sorts of intelligent answers.

I have posted same question on E3 with 221(g) thread but thought this will be right place.

Question:
1. What's the best procedure to follow for finding E3 sponsor apart from travelling on VWP to US?

2. What possible checks can we make before accepting any offers from a company before any horrible contract traps us?

Cheers,
Homer
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by augigi
Do you mean how quickly can you get it? If so, usually as soon as you have the LCA and offer letter and all your paperwork, the time limiting factor is when you can get the appointment at the consulate. If you can get one quickly, the visa can be done within a few days.
That is cool. thanks, mate
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:02 am
Just Joined

klebe82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys - Thanks you for your info and advise all through my E3 process. I received my VISA intimation today and I'm planning to fly out soon.

My only advise for someone trying for an E3 VISA through not a well known company or a start-up is to get more documentation. I was asked to provide:
- Company tax returns for past 2 yrs
- Project time line
- Photos of the building [Inside and Outside]
- Contract agreement with other company

You won't need all these for the interview I think but project details and if its a start up a letter or some proof establishing work is good.

Timeline for my process
March 12th - Interview [15 mins tops on level 59. 8'o clock interview]
March 25th - Documents submitted
April 17th - VISA advice

All in all 17 working days after submitting the documents.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klebe82
Guys - Thanks you for your info and advise all through my E3 process. I received my VISA intimation today and I'm planning to fly out soon.

My only advise for someone trying for an E3 VISA through not a well known company or a start-up is to get more documentation. I was asked to provide:
- Company tax returns for past 2 yrs
- Project time line
- Photos of the building [Inside and Outside]
- Contract agreement with other company

You won't need all these for the interview I think but project details and if its a start up a letter or some proof establishing work is good.

Timeline for my process
March 12th - Interview [15 mins tops on level 59. 8'o clock interview]
March 25th - Documents submitted
April 17th - VISA advice

All in all 17 working days after submitting the documents.
Great to hear that it's all worked out for your klebe82
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Hi Mate,

Just wanna ask you guys a quick "silly" question
If US office do not approve your VISA ( any type of VISA- H1B, L1,B1...) when you get interview, US officer will tell you your application is rejected right now ? in other word, if US officer do not reject your application during the interview. that means your application is approved, right?

Ta
Floating.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floating
... if US officer do not reject your application during the interview. that means your application is approved, right?
Wrong.

Ian
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

homer4all is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Expats,

Any user whose E3 got approved while H1 is still under further administrative processing i.e. 221g and not approved or rejected.

Could you please share your experience and case?

Cheers,
Homer
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by homer4all
Hello Expats,

Any user whose E3 got approved while H1 is still under further administrative processing i.e. 221g and not approved or rejected.

Could you please share your experience and case?

Cheers,
Homer
there is a thread " E3 to GC" in this forum. you can get more details
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

JC137680 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I would really appreciate some advice.
I am currently working in MA as a research scientist on a J1 visa, I have a PhD in Earth Sciences. I have been offered a job at a private high school to teach Earth Sciences starting this fall for 1 year. I am looking to change over to an E3 in order to teach here in MA and I would like to do the visa application in Canada. Do you strongly recommend hiring a immigration lawyer, is the LCA a complicated application? The school doesn't really have a great deal of money to pay an expert.
And another question is about proving my intent to come back to Australia after the appointment ends- could I provide things like job applications for 2009 in Australia? Letters of support from Universities that may employ me? Any other advice here on material I could provide?

Many thanks!
Jo
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

sirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nice

Originally Posted by JC137680
Hi All,

I would really appreciate some advice.
I am currently working in MA as a research scientist on a J1 visa, I have a PhD in Earth Sciences. I have been offered a job at a private high school to teach Earth Sciences starting this fall for 1 year. I am looking to change over to an E3 in order to teach here in MA and I would like to do the visa application in Canada. Do you strongly recommend hiring a immigration lawyer, is the LCA a complicated application? The school doesn't really have a great deal of money to pay an expert.
And another question is about proving my intent to come back to Australia after the appointment ends- could I provide things like job applications for 2009 in Australia? Letters of support from Universities that may employ me? Any other advice here on material I could provide?

Many thanks!
Jo
This is just my advice, but I don't think that the LCA is a complicated application. If you have the co-operation of your prospective employer's HR department, you should be able to get through it without hiring a lawyer; especially if there is no budget for that in the new company and you don't want to jeopardize your chances to get hired.

Here is the online form if you want to take a look:
http://www.lca.doleta.gov/

Please note that if you don't hire a lawyer, you should strongly familiarize yourself with what is involved in the E3 application. Either from previous threads, or the Sydney U.S. consulate website
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I agree you don't need a lawyer if your HR department is cooperative.

The E3 can be renewed indefinitely, so you do not need to prove ties to Australia. All you need is to state to the consular officer at interview that you will leave the US when your legal status expires.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:49 am
Just Joined

us_Star2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, just to share my experience of getting my E-3 visa.

I changed employer in mid 2007 and got approved through USCIS within a month of application. I'm now on vacation at an Asia country and got my new E-3 with no problem. No need to show any proven letter, not even my degree or offer letter. Just the approval letter from my original application of change of employer and a copy of the LCA form. Only asked one questions (what are you doing in the state).

Wish everyone good luck in the process and not to worry too much.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by us_Star2
Hello everyone, just to share my experience of getting my E-3 visa.

I changed employer in mid 2007 and got approved through USCIS within a month of application. I'm now on vacation at an Asia country and got my new E-3 with no problem. No need to show any proven letter, not even my degree or offer letter. Just the approval letter from my original application of change of employer and a copy of the LCA form. Only asked one questions (what are you doing in the state).

Wish everyone good luck in the process and not to worry too much.

Big Congra!! mate

BTW, E3D VISA could be applied separately, right ? My wife wanna apply E3D in Sydney WITHOUT my attendant... after I get E3 VISA in canada. Does it make sense?

Cheers,
Floating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.