E3 Renewal

Old Nov 17th 2008, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

jason_anybody is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E3 Renewal

I'm living / working in the US on an E-3. I'm currently looking to extend my E-3, then renew it when i travel back to Melbourne in December.

If someone cld pls confirm if these 3 steps are correct that wld be great thank you. jason

1) TO BE SENT TO DEPT OF LABOR IN WASHINGTON:
LCA ETA 9035, annotated as an 'E-3 LCA'

2) TO BE SENT TO VERMONT CENTRE:
LCA (once returned from Washington)
I-129
Job Offer
Copy of photo page of passport
Copy of E-3 visa stamp
Copy of current I-94 card

3) TO PRESENT AT INTERVIEW:
I-797 (once returned from Vermont Centre)
DS-157
DS-156
Passport
Transcript of University Results
Job Offer
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I may be incorrect, but there is an LCA form, called 9035E, which should not need to be annotated for E3. Also I believe you just complete the LCA online at the DOL website, I don't know about sending it to the DOL in Washington.

Last edited by augigi; Nov 17th 2008 at 10:46 pm. Reason: Maybe the 9035E is just for electronic filing?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by augigi
I may be incorrect, but there is an LCA form, called 9035E, which should not need to be annotated for E3. Also I believe you just complete the LCA online at the DOL website, I don't know about sending it to the DOL in Washington.
thanks for your response. it looks like my employer needs to register first, but if it means the LCA cld be filled out online that wld be great.

does the rest of my list look correct to you?

jason
Old Nov 18th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Looks about right, but I've never extended in-country myself, so I wouldn't go on my info
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:31 am
Just Joined

anybody else able to help?
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikiAkl
Can someone please post here whether the following documents are enough for E3D extension with USCIS (Vermont Service Center):
I think there's about 6 other E3 discussion threads that you didn't post this in. After all, once... twice... 3 times... just isn't enough, right?

Ian
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

nikiAkl is just really nicenikiAkl is just really nicenikiAkl is just really nicenikiAkl is just really nicenikiAkl is just really nicenikiAkl is just really nicenikiAkl is just really nicenikiAkl is just really nice

Ian,

Yes, I am desperate. There, I said it, is that enough to satisfy your ego?

Yes, I admit I dont know immigration like you do. Please post if you can help, otherwise, please dont insult other people. Thanks.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 4:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikiAkl
Ian,

Yes, I am desperate. There, I said it, is that enough to satisfy your ego?

Yes, I admit I dont know immigration like you do. Please post if you can help, otherwise, please dont insult other people. Thanks.
Your posts were moved to their own prominent thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=577519

Please do not cross post it again into another thread.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

sban009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renewal of E3 at Calgary

Originally Posted by sirck
A couple of weeks ago, I renewed my E3 for the 1st time at the Calgary consulate. I am staying with the same employer.

So I will try to explain what was required in my case:
1. Make an appointment at http://www.nvars.com for the consulate.
2. Bring a recently taken U.s. passport photograph.
3. Pay US$131 to Scotiabank with the 3 bank forms that you receive from www.nvars.com.
4. Make sure you bring the following with you on the day of the interview:
- 2 x Scotiabank stamped forms with a bank stamp verifying the US$131 visa fee payment
- LCA
- DS 156 (with attached u.s. passport photo)
- DS 157 (required only for males)
- Job offer letter explaining that my existing position will only be extended another 2 years to match the E3 visa duration.
- Passport

Questions they will ask you:
- What is your status in Canada i.e. Visitor
- So why are you renewing your E3 now, when you still have x months left on it?
- How many years of schooling is this degree?
- How did you find out about this job?
- What do you do at your job?
- Explain your job position?
- Why do you want to work in the States as opposed to Australia?
- Do you have any proof that you work for the current company? Business card, pay stubs?

Advice for anyone else taking this route to renew their E3 in Calgary:
- Get there 30 mins before your interview is scheduled.
- Bring proof of current employment e.g. Business card, pay stubs, W2 etc.
- No questions about ties to Australia, although you should still bring some just in case. I brought my bank and superannuation statements.
- No degree equivalency forms needed, but this might be because I have an Australian degree. Bring one just in case.

In Summary:
It's just like your initial E3 application, the only thing that is different is that your job offer letter needs to say that they are extending your employment for another 2 years.

Hi sirck,

As per you message above, I have a small query on E3 Renewal. My E3 is expiring in May 02 2009. I am planning to go to Canada and do my e3 extension. whether my employer need to create a new LCA from the date my old LCA expires? or LCA should be created some days before i go for the appointment in canada?

Will there be a problem and is too early to apply - if my new LCA starts on May 02 2009, and i go to embassy in mid Mar 2009.

Your help will be greatly appriciated.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Who ever can reply would be great!

My LCA expires on 02 May 2009. Do i need to take the LCA from the day my last LCA expired or do i need to take the LCA sometime before (say one week before) i go to the embassy for E3 Renewal.

Thank you.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sirck
A couple of weeks ago, I renewed my E3 for the 1st time at the Calgary consulate. I am staying with the same employer.

So I will try to explain what was required in my case:
1. Make an appointment at http://www.nvars.com for the consulate.
2. Bring a recently taken U.s. passport photograph.
3. Pay US$131 to Scotiabank with the 3 bank forms that you receive from www.nvars.com.
4. Make sure you bring the following with you on the day of the interview:
- 2 x Scotiabank stamped forms with a bank stamp verifying the US$131 visa fee payment
- LCA
- DS 156 (with attached u.s. passport photo)
- DS 157 (required only for males)
- Job offer letter explaining that my existing position will only be extended another 2 years to match the E3 visa duration.
- Passport

Questions they will ask you:
- What is your status in Canada i.e. Visitor
- So why are you renewing your E3 now, when you still have x months left on it?
- How many years of schooling is this degree?
- How did you find out about this job?
- What do you do at your job?
- Explain your job position?
- Why do you want to work in the States as opposed to Australia?
- Do you have any proof that you work for the current company? Business card, pay stubs?

Advice for anyone else taking this route to renew their E3 in Calgary:
- Get there 30 mins before your interview is scheduled.
- Bring proof of current employment e.g. Business card, pay stubs, W2 etc.
- No questions about ties to Australia, although you should still bring some just in case. I brought my bank and superannuation statements.
- No degree equivalency forms needed, but this might be because I have an Australian degree. Bring one just in case.

In Summary:
It's just like your initial E3 application, the only thing that is different is that your job offer letter needs to say that they are extending your employment for another 2 years.

Hi Sirck,

Can you please let me know when your LCA was expiring and for which date your new LCA was and when you went to the embassy, Please.

what was your answer for "" - So why are you renewing your E3 now, when you still have x months left on it?""

Thnak you
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

You know, you really only need to ask the same question once. Repeating yourself doesn't make people answer any faster.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by augigi
You know, you really only need to ask the same question once. Repeating yourself doesn't make people answer any faster.
My first question was asking to sirck, i was under the impression, others may not answer, so only i had to write again to everyone, if known will answer my question thanx
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

SimonAndrews is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys! This thread adds a lot of value for all the E3 visa applicants.

I am currently on E-3 and my wife is on E3D. Our visa expires in May 2009 and we want to extend our visa for another 2 years.
I have few quick questions which I haven't been able to follow exactly from this thread.
According to me, the reply below from Jason best summarizes the extension process for E-3 visa. Although, my questions are highlighted in red color.

1) TO BE SENT TO DEPT OF LABOR IN WASHINGTON:
LCA ETA 9035, annotated as an 'E-3 LCA' [Who needs to send this, my employer or can I do it on my own??]

2) TO BE SENT TO VERMONT CENTRE:
LCA (once returned from Washington)
I-129 [Again, Who needs to send this, my employer or can I do it on my own??]
Job Offer
Copy of photo page of passport
Copy of E-3 visa stamp
Copy of current I-94 card

3) TO PRESENT AT INTERVIEW: (This step only needs to be done at the time of getting our visa stamped from a consulate? We can stay in US even with old sticker as long as we have the new LCA and I797 approved? And for getting the new visa sticker we can just schedule an appointment anywhere in Canada consulate, which should be a pretty straight forward process?)
I-797 (once returned from Vermont Centre)
DS-157
DS-156
Passport
Transcript of University Results
Job Offer

My most important Question, I would really appreciate:
Can anyone give a nice summary of steps on how to approach the extension of my wife's E3D visa at the same time when I am extending mine?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:17 am
Just Joined

kyliejjed is an unknown quantity at this point

HI!
So I am applying for E-3 'renewal' in Tijuana at the US consulate...so i understand its not a renewal but i would apply for a 'new' visa? I have an e-3 kit which has instructions for 'renewal' or 'applying outside the Us'.
I have 6 weeks left, how does USCIS take to return your documents?
please help!
thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.