E3 Renewal

Old Aug 12th 2010, 2:26 am
Just Joined

overanalyzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E3 Renewal

That's great! So if that's your second, how have you been here for six years? Did you start on an H1B?? Are you planning on trying for a greencard?
Old Aug 12th 2010, 2:42 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by overanalyzer
That's great! So if that's your second, how have you been here for six years? Did you start on an H1B?? Are you planning on trying for a greencard?
I think he/she meant second renewal as in the 3rd E-3 (1st E-3 will be the initial one, 2nd E-3 will be the first renewal)
Old Aug 14th 2010, 2:06 am
Just Joined

ChicagoAussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lifehouse51
I think he/she meant second renewal as in the 3rd E-3 (1st E-3 will be the initial one, 2nd E-3 will be the first renewal)

Yup, what lifehouse said.

I started on an E-3, I have absolutely no interest in getting a green card. I might switch to an investor visa in two years though.

I bought a house a couple of months ago on the E-3 no worries.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats. You're braver than me though.. I'm gonna wait for the GC before I buy a place.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChicagoAussie
I have absolutely no interest in getting a green card.
May I ask why?

Ian
Old Aug 14th 2010, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

@augigi - me too. it seems as though if anything proves your intent is NOT to return to australia, it's buying a house in another country!
Old Aug 15th 2010, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

That's not my reason - the E3 has no requirement to prove you will return to Australia.

My reason is that I don't want to tie that much of my money up when I potentially could have 10 days or so to leave the country and everything in it if, for example, I lost my job. Not an unrealistic possibility in these times.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 4:06 am
Just Joined

The E3 very much does require that you prove you intend to return to Australia. I have just been through the renewal application with my lawyer. You have to show non-immigrant intent.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

The E3 very much does require that you prove you intend to return to Australia. I have just been through the renewal application with my lawyer. You have to show non-immigrant intent.
BS - it requires you to show you will LEAVE US not return to Australia.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The E3 very much does require that you prove you intend to return to Australia.
No, it doesn't. What you need to prove, is that you intend to leave the US... and that's quite a bit different.

Ian
Old Aug 15th 2010, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Well, whatever, that's what I meant. And buying a house doesn't really prove that you intend to leave short term.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

E3CatLady3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, whatever, that's what I meant. And buying a house doesn't really prove that you intend to leave short term.
Hi overanalyzer, may I ask what prove does your Lawyer given to USCIS? I am in the same boat, and somehow USCIS asked for more evidence. I bought a house sometime ago.... do you know they are able to trace it?
Old Aug 16th 2010, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi catlady,

It depends on how you are renewing, I am doing it all back in Australia via the consulate, not in the US via USCIS. So in my case, I just have to bring certain things to the interview, but last time, they didn't even look at these things. The only things I can think of are superannuation account, bank account, Aussie drivers license, any property you own in Australia (I don't have any), and evidence of any family you have living there. Hopefully your lawyer can suggest more.

As far as tracing whether you've bought a house, who knows what information the gov't can access on us. I am sure they can easily do a credit check and see if you have any mortgages or anything. Good luck.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

E3CatLady3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi catlady,

It depends on how you are renewing, I am doing it all back in Australia via the consulate, not in the US via USCIS. So in my case, I just have to bring certain things to the interview, but last time, they didn't even look at these things. The only things I can think of are superannuation account, bank account, Aussie drivers license, any property you own in Australia (I don't have any), and evidence of any family you have living there. Hopefully your lawyer can suggest more.

As far as tracing whether you've bought a house, who knows what information the gov't can access on us. I am sure they can easily do a credit check and see if you have any mortgages or anything. Good luck.
argh! I hope they don't mind we trying to help with the US economy .....