E2 visa to permanent resident

Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:38 am
sas
Forum Regular

sas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nice
Default E2 visa to permanent resident

I need some information about going from an E2 visa to permanent resident. I know that the basis of the E2 is that you agree that you will leave the country eventually, but I have read that there can be a path to permanent residency.

Can someone give me a rough idea of the process, is there a minimum period of stay before I can apply (been here 18 months), is there a special process or is it the same as other visas.

The company I work for has a good immigration lawyer, but I don't want to get him involved just yet
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:43 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 visa to permanent resident

Originally posted by sas
I need some information about going from an E2 visa to permanent resident. I know that the basis of the E2 is that you agree that you will leave the country eventually, but I have read that there can be a path to permanent residency.
Can someone give me a rough idea of the process, is there a minimum period of stay before I can apply (been here 18 months), is there a special process or is it the same as other visas.
The company I work for has a good immigration lawyer, but I don't want to get him involved just yet
There is no path from E-2 to permanent residency (GC)
Old Jul 13th 2004, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ivonne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ray6
There is no path from E-2 to permanent residency (GC)
Sure, why not?
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ivonne
Sure, why not?
yes I am sure!... I am not a legislator... do not blame me
Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes I am sure!... I am not a legislator... do not blame me
I don't blame you, I just say, it's not true.

As far as I know (and I don't exclude that I may be wrong and not you), you can still take part in the DV Lottery and get a GC that way. Or, if you are an employee with an E visa, you can get a GC through employment, if you qualify.

In my opinion, you can just not get a GC, if you yourself are the owner of the company and built this company with an E visa, because you can not self-petition...but as an E-employee, if your company sponsors you, why not? thats my understanding.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

AnnaV is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I know (and I don't exclude that I may be wrong and not you), you can still take part in the DV Lottery and get a GC that way. Or, if you are an employee with an E visa, you can get a GC through employment, if you qualify.

In my opinion, you can just not get a GC, if you yourself are the owner of the company and built this company with an E visa, because you can not self-petition...but as an E-employee, if your company sponsors you, why not? thats my understanding.
He's not talking about an employee. He's talking about an E2, the employer/owner. Don't know about joining the DV lottery, though.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 3:29 pm
Ray

Well !! the OP is English so the DV is out
most of the E-2 issued are for the company owner..but as you say there are a few for employees..
so in theory he could get the employer if willing to file a Labor Certificate with the DOL if qualified enough
Or file an immigration petition based on the classification of ‘Alien of Extraordinary Ability’ - EB-1(A) or ‘Multinational Manager or Executives’ - EB-1(C)
Or even a National Interest Waiver
Or if he knows when Bin Laden is..an easy S6 visa is there

But none would be a direct E-2 to green card situation.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by AnnaV
He's not talking about an employee. He's talking about an E2, the employer/owner. Don't know about joining the DV lottery, though.
You don't need to be the owner in order to get an E2. My husband is the best example.

And the OP wrote: "my employer", so I think, he is not the owner. So, there is a way to the GC
Old Jul 14th 2004, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

But none would be a direct E-2 to green card situation.
There is no "direct" way to the GC anyway. Not with a H1B, not with an L, not with an E. It all depends, if you qualify and if you have a sponsor. If so, the "way" is the same for all (exept, as we already stated, for the company owner on E)
Old Jul 14th 2004, 5:23 pm
Ray

There is no "direct" way to the GC anyway. Not with a H1B, not with an L, not with an E. It all depends, if you qualify and if you have a sponsor. If so, the "way" is the same for all (exept, as we already stated, for the company owner on E)
Well the L-1A is pretty direct ..Know quite a few who have done that
Has you husband done it then... I personally dont know one that has..but then again all the E-2 holders I know are owners..
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well the L-1A is pretty direct ..Know quite a few who have done that
Has you husband done it then... I personally dont know one that has..but then again all the E-2 holders I know are owners..
You're right, the L1-A is the easiest. We had an L1A before. But then, company changed their mind and put us on E2. No, we haven't gone the route to GC so far and I guess, we won't. Company doesn't sponsor GC at all, and our assignment is only temporary, they want us back in Europe sometime...
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:34 pm
sas
Forum Regular

sas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nicesas is just really nice

Thanks for the replies.

I should have said that I was a management level employee.

Is there a minimum peroid of time that I would have to wait before I could start the application process assuming that my employer would support me?
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Or if he knows when Bin Laden is..an easy S6 visa is there

This cracked me up, I may try for this myself, I think I say him the other day at Asda in Pollockshields, Glasgow.

Do they need to catch him before I can apply and how long does this visa route take, can I get a job with anyone on the S6 visa?

Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:59 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Well !! the OP is English so the DV is out
This poster is English and holds a GC from DV2000 -- never say never!!!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by fatbrit
This poster is English and holds a GC from DV2000 -- never say never!!!

Well done! Blue Peter Badge in post!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.