Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E2 visa - just need some minor clarifcation please

E2 visa - just need some minor clarifcation please

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light
Default E2 visa - just need some minor clarifcation please

Hi All;

Someone told me that if a father and his 30 year old son invested 50/50 into a property business here in the states then both will be given the E2 visa??

Is this correct
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 5:32 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 visa - just need some minor clarifcation please

Partners can purchase (and I use that word advisedly, it has to be more than just a passive investment) a business and each receive an E2 -- but the issuance of the visas will be dependent upon whether the business is capable of providing adequate owner benefit for two, along with many other criteria.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

whatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of lightwhatadiva is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Partners can purchase (and I use that word advisedly, it has to be more than just a passive investment) a business and each receive an E2 -- but the issuance of the visas will be dependent upon whether the business is capable of providing adequate owner benefit for two, along with many other criteria.
I see, thanks for your response Nutmegger
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly what sort of operation did you have in mind?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
Exactly what sort of operation did you have in mind?
oh no it's not for me. A friend of mine told me but i just didn't believe her. She's thinking of a homecare business. It's her brother and father that are interested in this.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whatadiva
oh no it's not for me. A friend of mine told me but i just didn't believe her. She's thinking of a homecare business. It's her brother and father that are interested in this.
so youv'e gone to the effort/trouble of joining a forum because you dont believe your friend? has your friend asked you personally for your advice? If so, why doesn't he/she join the forum?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
so youv'e gone to the effort/trouble of joining a forum because you dont believe your friend? has your friend asked you personally for your advice? If so, why doesn't he/she join the forum?
Um, I am not a newbie at this forum

yes she did ask me, I told her I didn't know but I know of a place (here) that I can post the question.

She had some info from god knows where, and thought i'd re-iterate what she had told me. And yes I still don't believe what she told me about her bro and father both investing or "buying" into the business 50/50 that way they can each be given a E2 visa. No hoop-la though. I told her to join so she can post but she hates forums
Old Jan 4th 2011, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

She's thinking of a homecare business.
Molly Made sort of franchise?

That could work, I doubt if one would meet the investment requirements, probably need a couple so that might solve the problem.