E2 Visa

Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:12 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 Visa

Is there any set 'RULE' though, doesnt this all depend on how the adjudicator is feeling on the day
As ive read other places, E2 holder no 1 -no employees, poor turnover=renewal.
Then elsewhere, E2 holder no 2 -employees, good turnover =no renewal
sometimes it just doesnt make sense, BUT then is immigration supposed to make sense?
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daken
Your petition cannot be refused if it satisfies all the eligibility requirements.
Sure it can.

Even if it is initially...
Whoa there... you just totally contradicted your opening statement.

... they will only ask for more information.
The petition can still be refused.

I am talking about my own experience.
Then perhaps you shouldn't be making blanket statements... because, as my dear wife would say, you don't know every f**king thing!

Ian
Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

shining light is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, you're that type. Oh well, I'm out.

What type?? It was meant as a joke in light of an earlier comment I read about illegals managing to remain without these problems.

Obviously you didn't see the funny side
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone going to America on the E2 knows the risk. Spending the rest of your life two years away from deportation cannot be fun. Why these people don't run their B&Bs in British Columbia instead baffles me

Funny you should say that because we had discussed exactly that.

We haven't looked into the requirements of doing this yet but I believe I read somewhere that a certain amount of money had to be invested into a Bank for 2 yrs with no interest earned. Maybe some research on this is called for when I have time.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:27 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shining light
[COLOR="Red"]Anyone going to America on the E2 knows the risk. Spending the rest of your life two years away from deportation cannot be fun. Why these people don't run their B&Bs in British Columbia instead baffles me[

[COLOR="Black"]Funny you should say that because we had discussed exactly that.

We haven't looked into the requirements of doing this yet but I believe I read somewhere that a certain amount of money had to be invested into a Bank for 2 yrs with no interest earned. Maybe some research on this is called for when I have time. [OR]
why are you writing your nonsense in red ...
Old Jun 4th 2010, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
why are you writing your nonsense in red ...
She has no free time... ergo, hasn't had time to discover "quoting"... even though the "quote" button is at the bottom right of every post she reads.

<shrug> I dunno... maybe I'm just being cynical.

Ian
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Daken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Sure it can.

Whoa there... you just totally contradicted your opening statement.

The petition can still be refused.

Then perhaps you shouldn't be making blanket statements... because, as my dear wife would say, you don't know every f**king thing!

Ian
You sure sound ignorant of the process. Like I said, the petition cannot be outright refused. They will ask for more information, if they are not completely satisfied with the evidence you provide. So, finally, if you are not 'eligible' they will refuse you. But a good attorney will tell you that you are not 'eligible', before he starts the process - if he is worth his salt.
Capeche??
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
Is there any set 'RULE' though, doesnt this all depend on how the adjudicator is feeling on the day
As ive read other places, E2 holder no 1 -no employees, poor turnover=renewal.
Then elsewhere, E2 holder no 2 -employees, good turnover =no renewal
sometimes it just doesnt make sense, BUT then is immigration supposed to make sense?
There sem to be a lot of misconceptions about the E2. First of all, don't confuse the E2 with the EB5. The E2 has nothing to do with providing anybody employment. And if the adjudicator says so, then you should bring his notice to the rules. They can make a mistake too. But that is why you have an attorney on YOUR side.
Further, the E2 is not like the tourist visa, which can be refused outright and at the immigration officer's whim.
Lastly, I am trying to tell the hopefuls out there that it is not as difficult as it seems. The most diffcult thing is to find a decent attorney who will do his/her job.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Daken.

Ray the red wasn't "my nonsense" but quotes from others which I highlighted. Sorry, didn't realise it was wrong! Oh, probably shouldn't have highlighted your name so no need to tell me.

By the way, I have found the "quote" button now!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The E2 has nothing to do with providing anybody employment.
Wrong

And if the adjudicator says so, then you should bring his notice to the rules. They can make a mistake too. But that is why you have an attorney on YOUR side.
wrong
Further, the E2 is not like the tourist visa, which can be refused outright and at the immigration officer's whim.
wrong yes it can and has been many times

Lastly, I am trying to tell the hopefuls out there that it is not as difficult as it seems. .
wrong... it can be really difficult
I have folllowed hundreds of people thru the E-2 system over the past 7 year
Old Jun 4th 2010, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
Wrong

wrong

wrong yes it can and has been many times

wrong... it can be really difficult
I have folllowed hundreds of people thru the E-2 system over the past 7 year
Ray,

The laws are the same. What differs are the attorneys and the adjudicators. So there can be a significant amount of differing opinions. And I am sure there are a lot of sad stories.
I can see you are going to stay with your pre-conceived notions. However if there is anybody out there reading your negative posts, I would suggest to them not accept them without doing some more independent research.
Even if you are an attorney yourself, which I doubt, I would say only 1 in 10 really know what they are doing. So live and let live, with an open mind.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:45 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Even if you are an attorney yourself, which I doubt, I would say only 1 in 10 really know what they are doing.
More numbers plucked from the ether.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

JCraigFong is, go read his contribution.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:16 am
Account Closed

You sure sound ignorant of the process.
If I'm ignorant, why are your comments the ones that are wrong?

Ian
Old Jun 5th 2010, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If I'm ignorant, why are your comments the ones that are wrong?

Ian
"WRONG"? I should accept that I am wrong, just bcoz you and a couple other naysayers say so? I suggest that people should contribute more by recounting their experiences, rather than being opinionated. After all, thats why people come to these blogs in the 1st place, and not go to an attorney, for want of a "professional" 'opinion'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.