E2 Visa

Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

rachanddan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 Visa

Hi There

We are a married U.K couple in our early thirties with two small children and are looking to purchase a U.S business in Florida. I have read that the minimum investment is $50k but have been advised that a business in the region of $150-$200k is more likely to be granted the visa. Has anybody any knowledge or actually been down this road before and can advise.
I am in touch with a U.S attorney in Florida who will do the visa application and also broker the business deal, is this normal?

Thanks
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:47 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Visa

Originally Posted by rachanddan
Hi There

We are a married U.K couple in our early thirties with two small children and are looking to purchase a U.S business in Florida. I have read that the minimum investment is $50k but have been advised that a business in the region of $150-$200k is more likely to be granted the visa. Has anybody any knowledge or actually been down this road before and can advise.
I am in touch with a U.S attorney in Florida who will do the visa application and also broker the business deal, is this normal?

Thanks
$150-200k is more the minimum thru London
I presume you know all the E-2 pitfalls already.

Do not deal with one stop shop is the best advice.
ensure your dealing with a lawyer and not a visa consultant

There is a forum for E-2 people going to
Florida at www.thefloridaforums.com worth a read
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

rachanddan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
$150-200k is more the minimum thru London
I presume you know all the E-2 pitfalls already.

Do not deal with one stop shop is the best advice.
ensure your dealing with a lawyer and not a visa consultant

There is a forum for E-2 people going to
Florida at www.thefloridaforums.com worth a read
Thanks, although what would the pitfalls of a one-stop shop be if I am already looking at businesses of my own accord?
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

What are your plans for the Children when they hit 21?
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:29 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachanddan
Thanks, although what would the pitfalls of a one-stop shop be if I am already looking at businesses of my own accord?
You lead yourself wide open to collusion .... everybody wants their cut in Florida...

Any immigration lawyer who wanted to get involved in more
than one thing..starts me getting nervous..

Read the
faq on this site ... http://www.investorvisausa.com/index.html