E2 Visa

Old Jun 27th 2008, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Julia0710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 Visa

Hi Everyone

My husband and me have just had our interview on Wednesday at US Embassy and have been granted our E2 visa - it took alot of work. We had already purchased a restaurant in February 08 and employed a Restaurant Manager to run while we were not there. We have been losing money but as we could show it has been operational and was really a start up business we were granted 2 year visa. It seems such a short time to be able to bring a business into profit in 2 years as we also have an adjoining bar to renovate before we can open.
As long as we are employing US citizens and still trading in 2 years even if we are not making a fortune will they renew to 5 year visa? Will they take into account time it takes to get bar open? Where do we find out what information they will need in 2 years to renew as we had an attorney this time but it has cost £5500 for this privilege without taking into consideration CPA costs, flights, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Julia
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:27 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Visa

Originally Posted by Julia0710
As long as we are employing US citizens and still trading in 2 years even if we are not making a fortune will they renew to 5 year visa?
Probably
Will they take into account time it takes to get bar open?
No ...but call it an extension of the business

Where do we find out what information they will need in 2 years to renew
Read the FAM maual
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks for that. Julia
Old Jun 27th 2008, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you have your Retail Food License, that must have been interesting doing remotely.

Liquor License is another major pain, no idea about your State, they vary, if you have not done so something you need to get up to speed with.

I think London new E2 is standard 2 year.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 8:06 am
Just Joined

We are in Alabama on Lake Eufaula - I flew out in March and managed to get the Food Permit for Restaurant. The previous owner had been grilling and frying and had Food Permit in place. When I came to renew I had to take grill and fryer out until I update extractor hood!!! We will do this as soon as we get out there in 3 weeks.
Liquor Licence should not be a problem as we are serving food but we will soon see.

Thanks Julia
Old Jun 28th 2008, 1:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Julia0710
We are in Alabama on Lake Eufaula - I flew out in March and managed to get the Food Permit for Restaurant. The previous owner had been grilling and frying and had Food Permit in place. When I came to renew I had to take grill and fryer out until I update extractor hood!!! We will do this as soon as we get out there in 3 weeks.
Liquor Licence should not be a problem as we are serving food but we will soon see.

Thanks Julia
Alabama might as well be a seperate country, but usualy serving food does not get you a license, it may well govern the License you apply for, sounds like a Restaurant License.

CO seems relatively easy, I know in NM that you either have to buy one from someone who has one or prove there is demand that is not currently supplied.

And anywhere it will cost and take time.