E2 Spouse EAD Processing Times

Old Sep 1st 2020, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Lammy74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question E2 Spouse EAD Processing Times

Hi All,

Does anyone have a any experience on current processing times for an EAD for an E2 Spouse? It is at the Texas service center.

It's been 73 days but a few people I know have got them back in 45-60 days.

Is it worth trying to call and expedite or could this potentially delay it further?

As some background: it was submitted originally in February. It was then returned in May stated it was an out of date form. When I called to query this, as it was the latest form on their site, I was told it wasn't an out of date form and that "this has been happening a lot lately....." They sent a green slip to put in the top of the package of the re submission for a "faster service" but nothing seems to be happening.

The reason we need it quicker is that my wife has been offered a job; and since Covid I have taken a big hit on my income so we really need her to work.

Any help and guidance appreciated.

Old Sep 1st 2020, 10:46 pm
Furby

Glasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgow Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Spouse EAD Processing Times

Can't help on current processing times but my advice is to call them or get down to the local office if it is open and follow up in person. You used to be able to go down and get an appointment on a walk in basis, not sure if they do that any more or in these COVID times.

My own experience was a long time ago but was not a good experience. They managed to shuffle my green card application from one office to another every month for 8 months. Each month it went to the bottom of the pile in the new office and when it made it to the top, usually after about 4 weeks, the person in charge decided it belonged to the other office and sent it back to the original office and so it went on. At the time I lived in Austin and had to go down to the local office in San Antonio to get the case assigned to someone and finally start processing. While my green card application was processing I needed Advanced Parole for a trip back to the UK. I applied months ahead of time, kept being told the application would be processed “soon”. When it got down to a month prior to the departure date they said it would be in the mail in the next day or so, never arrived. When I called back with two weeks to go they said they would approve it that day and send it in the mail, never arrived. With three days to go I had to go down to the San Antonio office again. They then told me Advance Parole was for life and death situations only and would not be approved. At this stage I lost it since the trip was for my own wedding. I hyperventilated in the office, and collapsed. They took me into the back, shoved me into an office and came back 30 minutes later with a letter of Advanced Parole and had two people walk me out of the office and left me there alone and in no state to drive back to Austin. I am sure the only reason I got the parole was because I kept saying that I thought I was having a heart attack and they wanted me out of there.

Long way of saying, keep on top of it. Unless the INS has improved dramatically they are not known for their efficiency and/or organization, nor for their compassion. I would go down to the local office if you can and follow up personally. Alternatively call, and keep calling until you can see some traction.

And for those who do not know, Advance Parole is not for criminals, it is a document thais required if you want to re-enter the US while a green card is processing. Without that you cannot realistically leave.
Old Sep 6th 2020, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Califorina service centre recently issued a renewal to us in 90 days precisely.

You are unlikely to be able to expedite - it's just not a thing any more. It worked a few years ago if you had a pending job offer but these days you need something really extenuating to make them consider it.

I'm afraid what Glasgow Girl is talking about is not really related to what the OP has posted about.

Any chance you kept a copy of that green slip? What did it say?

Is it 73 days since you resent the form in?

Ultimately there is very little you can do. 90 days would be a good result in these times, and we know that USICS has been financially butchered of late on top of that.
Old Sep 6th 2020, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

It was 5 or 6 months before COVID.

Many people now expedite, you can do it yourself or get your Congressperson involved.
Old Sep 6th 2020, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Many people do not now expedite.

Since the criteria was changed in May 2019 expedites have become nearly impossible for all but the most extenuating circumstances.
Old Sep 6th 2020, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

now the number of E2's EAD are no doubt very small as a percentage but certainly those adjusting or entering on a K1 do expedite, the numbers well who knows but certainly is mentioned much more frequently than in past years.

Not sure why E2 EAd would be that different.
Old Sep 6th 2020, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

You really shouldn't be giving people false hope that "many people now expedite" their EAD applications when by your own admission you do not know the numbers of people who do.
Old Sep 6th 2020, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

There seem to be many more people expediting, and I see no harm in trying. People are being approved, OK they could all be lying it is the internet.
Old Sep 6th 2020, 11:02 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
There seem to be many more people expediting, and I see no harm in trying. People are being approved, OK they could all be lying it is the internet.
Back in the day when I attended bar-agency liaison meetings, we were advised that an expedite request which was denied slowed down ajudication because the application would be returned to the queue as a new filing.
Old Sep 6th 2020, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Back in the day when I attended bar-agency liaison meetings, we were advised that an expedite request which was denied slowed down adjudication because the application would be returned to the queue as a new filing.
I wondered about that but have come across no evidence to support it, have seen a few late refused filings with no suggestion that you start again, if you applied right at the beginning losing a few days would not be noticable.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Can you source that? I haven't seen any successful attempts lately on BE at least, with a general discouragement of trying from most other members.
Old Sep 7th 2020, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/t.../149/#comments