Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E2 Renewal - did the rules change?

E2 Renewal - did the rules change?

Old May 9th 2009, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Bitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really nice
Default E2 Renewal - did the rules change?

My E2 is due for renewal in May next year and from everything I've ever been told I HAVE to return back to the issuing embassy i.e. London

However, my dad was on an E2 for 15 years - first got it in 1990 and he never once had to return back to the UK. He had an immigration attorney who did it all via the mail.

Did the rules change? when? why?

I also heard that my husband doesn't need to accompany me for the renewal BUT assuming I am renewed, he will have to appear at the embassy in London at some later date...
Is this true and if so, how long after my approval does he get before having to appear and also what happens when he goes to the embassy... will he be interviewed or is it just a formality in which case why the heck does he have to fly back in the first place if I already have it?

I see no logic in this process
Old May 9th 2009, 2:27 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Renewal - did the rules change?

You are way behind in procedure

Discontinuation of Reissuance of Certain Nonimmigrant Visas in the
United States This public notice announces the discontinuation of our domestic visa reissuance service for certain
nonimmigrant visas in the United States. Nonimmigrant visas issued
under section 101(a)(15) C, E, H, I, L, O and P of the Immigration and
Nationality Act will be affected by this suspension. We will accept no new
applications from applicants seeking torenew C, E, H, I, L, O or P visas after
July 16, 2004.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Federal%...04%20Reval.pdf
Old May 9th 2009, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Bitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really nice

Thanks Ray can you please answer the 2nd part about spouse attending afterwards - timeframe etc
Old May 9th 2009, 3:03 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bitzi
Thanks Ray can you please answer the 2nd part about spouse attending afterwards - timeframe etc
Are you both on the E-2 or is one an accompanying spouse
Old May 9th 2009, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

I am the primary and husband is accompanying spouse.
Old May 9th 2009, 4:58 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Bitzi
I am the primary and husband is accompanying spouse.
Then he can go at a different time is necessary ...

subject to his I-94 dates...he should not have to provide all the
company documents..

It does not have to be London either can be any Consulate that will
accept you ..