E2 Processing Times

Old Mar 16th 2009, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Morag McDoogal will become famous soon enoughMorag McDoogal will become famous soon enough
Question E2 Processing Times

Hi all

Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to how long London are taking to adjudicate an E2 application once the initial acknowledgement has been sent? I know the official timescale is 60 days but has anyone heard anything different on the grapevine? Also, is that 60 working or calendar days?

Noticed on the Embassy website that NIV appointments are likely to be scarce for the rest of March and the beginning of April...anyone know why?? I'm guesssing that ESTA is throwing up some issues for potential tourists wanting to visit the US at Easter but this is just my penniesworth.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 8:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Processing Times

Originally Posted by Morag McDoogal
Hi all

Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to how long London are taking to adjudicate an E2 application once the initial acknowledgement has been sent? I know the official timescale is 60 days but has anyone heard anything different on the grapevine? Also, is that 60 working or calendar days?

Noticed on the Embassy website that NIV appointments are likely to be scarce for the rest of March and the beginning of April...anyone know why?? I'm guesssing that ESTA is throwing up some issues for potential tourists wanting to visit the US at Easter but this is just my penniesworth.

Thanks in advance.
Impossible to say with accurancy, but will be be quicker than a year ago
when it was around 14 plus weeks
And I would think the number of application has bottomed in the current financial situation...
I heard of a renewal being done in 2 weeks recently ..
around 6/8 weks would be a good estimate
Old Mar 17th 2009, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Morag McDoogal will become famous soon enoughMorag McDoogal will become famous soon enough

Cheers Ray,

I have heard of a few new and renewals going through in weeks rather than months and was just curious to see if they were exceptions rather than rules.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 6:09 pm
US immigration lawyer.

JCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond repute

I had an new E-2 clear AmEmb-London in January; it had taken them about 90 days. I'd say that's about fair, although 120 days was more the norm a while ago. Hard to say these days. On the one hand, there are fewer cases; on the other hand, they have time more carefully to scrutinize.

The E-2 I had approved was a fairly complex financing arrangement, so I suspect it might have taken longer, because I had a couple of back-and-forth with the Economic Officer before the decision came down.

--J Craig Fong
Los Angeles, CA
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:16 am
Just Joined

London2Texas is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just received my E2 as an employee. The company I work for had to file for an employer E2 in parallel. The whole process was completed from scratch within 5 months. The speed obviously is determined in part by how efficient your HR department and lawyer are.

The time taken from submitting the paperwork to getting the interview was about 3 months.

Last edited by London2Texas; Mar 21st 2009 at 8:20 am. Reason: forgot to add something
Old Mar 29th 2009, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all. Got my answer now....E2 application submitted 02nd March and approved 27th March
Old Mar 29th 2009, 8:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all. Got my answer now....E2 application submitted 02nd March and approved 27th March
Wow !! they are getting good ...Congrats
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Cheers Ray.....did your melons ever grow?
Old Mar 30th 2009, 1:20 pm
Ray

Cheers Ray.....did your melons ever grow?
It was sad ... they were doing well and then suddenly died ...
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Don't you just love it when you're melons look lovely and ripe and then age and time takes over....
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:19 pm
Ray

Don't you just love it when you're melons look lovely and ripe and then age and time takes over....
You know me too well I think ..
Old Mar 31st 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

The wonders of spy cam....