Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Nov 6th 2013, 2:09 am
Just Joined

R5169 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Originally Posted by sydtom
Thanks R6159. If you could also share your experience in booking the visa appointment, location, wait times, etc., that would be appreciated.
Will do. It's a massive game of cat and mouse, you want to book the meeting as soon as possible but with it's 9 day waiting period and my LCA up the air it's all a little messy.

I've also got to apply with my partner (defacto) for a B2 Cohabitating at the same time, so fingers crossed for both.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

sydtom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R5169
Will do. It's a massive game of cat and mouse, you want to book the meeting as soon as possible but with it's 9 day waiting period and my LCA up the air it's all a little messy.

I've also got to apply with my partner (defacto) for a B2 Cohabitating at the same time, so fingers crossed for both.
Good luck!
Old Nov 7th 2013, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

e3geek is an unknown quantity at this point

I am confused about E3 change of employer. If I go out to Canada and get a new E3 how will I be able to serve my notice period with my previous employer?Do I need to resign and finish with my employer before applying for new E3 visa?
In that case I have a chance of rejection and have resigned with my job already.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by e3geek
If I go out to Canada and get a new E3 how will I be able to serve my notice period with my previous employer?
If you're attempting to get a new E-3, why would you be concerned about serving your notice with your previous employer? If you feel bad about leaving without notice, that's on your conscience... it's certainly not an immigration concern.

Do I need to resign and finish with my employer before applying for new E3 visa?
No.

Ian
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If you're attempting to get a new E-3, why would you be concerned about serving your notice with your previous employer? If you feel bad about leaving without notice, that's on your conscience... it's certainly not an immigration concern.

No.

Ian
Interesting... so essentially I will have to just disappear and create a story if I want to change.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 11:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting... so essentially I will have to just disappear and create a story if I want to change.
If you're looking for a personal opinion, I think it's cowardly if you don't tell your employer you're leaving. At the very least, you should tell them... and then walk out the door. To "disappear"... just an immature act of cowardice.

Ian
Old Nov 7th 2013, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

R5169 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update; My LCA was finally completed, from the 23rd October till 8th November. I believe the system crashed again at the start of this week as well.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Option 1
New employer files and gets LCA approved
You give notice
Fly out to get new E-3 done
Hope to god E-3 is approved
You fly back

Option 2
Applies on shore for transfer
You wait
Transfer is approved
You serve notice
You join new employer

For Option 2. I am not so sure if by approving new E-3 on shore, the existing E-3 is invalidated immediately. In that case, you can't really serve the notice. Further I am also not sure if you can file the change of employer and can start work immediately instead of waiting for approval (I doubt you can do that)

Not an expert in this so I am sure folks will correct me.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by E3only
Option 1
You give notice
Fly out to get new E-3 done
Hope to god E-3 is approved
You fly back

Option 2
Applies on shore for transfer
You wait
Transfer is approved
You serve notice
You join new employer

For Option 2. I am not so sure if by approving new E-3 on shore, the existing E-3 is invalidated immediately. In that case, you can't really serve the notice. Further I am also not sure if you can file the change of employer and can start work immediately instead of waiting for approval (I doubt you can do that)

Not an expert in this so I am sure folks will correct me.
Pretty sure this has been discussed that you can't start working until approved inside US.

Resigning from work and hoping for another visa to be approved is kinda scary, isn't it? I think I need to have a B2 handy all the time just in case I need to enter US sometime to look for work.

While I will be going to the US embassy for my E3 I plan to apply for a B2 simultaneously. Why do you guys think about this approach?

Last edited by e3geek; Nov 8th 2013 at 5:38 am.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Do they cancel your previous E3 when you apply a new one? You can use whatever visa you want to use while entering can't you?

Last edited by e3geek; Nov 8th 2013 at 5:39 am.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

I found this in another thread.

"They canceled my existing E3 which still had over 11 months remaining ("canceled without prejudice") and issued the new one. I asked about this as I was still working for the old employer for a few weeks more and they said it wasn't a problem - as long as the old LCA was still valid (it's still valid until it expires or your old employer cancels it)."
Old Nov 9th 2013, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure this has been discussed that you can't start working until approved inside US.

Resigning from work and hoping for another visa to be approved is kinda scary, isn't it? I think I need to have a B2 handy all the time just in case I need to enter US sometime to look for work.

While I will be going to the US embassy for my E3 I plan to apply for a B2 simultaneously. Why do you guys think about this approach?
Generally folks eligible for VWP, hard to get B2. That's my understanding. If for any reason that is denied then you have to declare that denial on subsequent visa applications and ESTA
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Anyone knows why is there such a long queue in Sydney consulate at the moment? People are getting interview times a month away. I am thinking of getting an appointment in Perth since they are scheduling interviews in 1 day and processing visas in 1 day as well. Do you think it is worth it? Which one is better Sydney or Perth?

Last edited by e3geek; Nov 11th 2013 at 9:57 am.
Old Nov 11th 2013, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Anyone knows why is there such a long queue in Sydney consulate at the moment?
Probably because of the volume of applications.

Do you think it is worth it?
I suppose that depends on what's more important to you... money or time!

Ian
Old Nov 11th 2013, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyone knows why is there such a long queue in Sydney consulate at the moment? People are getting interview times a month away. I am thinking of getting an appointment in Perth since they are scheduling interviews in 1 day and processing visas in 1 day as well. Do you think it is worth it? Which one is better Sydney or Perth?
Its up to you...like Ian says

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.