Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Aug 1st 2013, 2:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Originally Posted by deano2013
So I've tried to cancel the credit card payment but its too late and fine through.
You are allowed to dispute the charge. Forgive me, but why are you being a door mat? Start thinking like an American, because that's how you're being treated.

I think I will have to proceed with them...
No, you don't have to. Why? Well, because...

I have so many questions and they aren't helping me and charging crazy amounts of money!
... of all this shit. If you're paying them to do a job and if they aren't doing it to your satisfaction, fire them. It's the American way!

I'm so nervous at the moment and want everything sorted...
With respect, you want it sorted correctly and properly... but that doesn't sound like what's happening.

Also if I can't sign any paperwork on the VWP...
That's not what I wrote, but perhaps I wasn't clear enough. You can't sign any sort of employment paperwork with the company.

... how do I get the whole process I.e. LCA up and running whilst in the US?
US immigration legal paperwork is fine.

Ian
Old Aug 1st 2013, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

nani is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how long it has been taking lately to get an adjudication by USCIS on E3 extensions? It took me almost 6 months last time. Thanks a lot.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 4:15 am
Just Joined

jrrider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Maulajatt and Ian. This is my first H1B visa, so I think what Maulajatt makes sense that my H1B will kick in on Oct 1. I understand now that I don't have to leave the country but if I do, I will have to go to the consulate and get the H1B stamp on my passport, thanks! Also, glad to hear that I can switch to another company on a new E-3 (to be applied outside the US). I am a little confused though, so Maulajatt, you mean that my H1B petition is valid even with a new employer so I can bypass the quota should I choose to go on H1B? Very interesting indeed if that's the case.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

maulajatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, once you are approved, you dont need to go thru the Quota again for next 6 years. ( 3 years plus 3 years extension). After October 1st if you change the employer, new employer just need to file H1 transfer if you wish to continue on H1 status, and you can start working with new employer on receipt of transfer request to USCIS.

Originally Posted by jrrider1
I am a little confused though, so Maulajatt, you mean that my H1B petition is valid even with a new employer so I can bypass the quota should I choose to go on H1B? Very interesting indeed if that's the case.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

jrrider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh thanks for the info. I am most likely going to be on E-3 with the new employer starting in September. So, I don't think I will ever get to be on H1-B at all (ie. E-3 with current employer until 30 September). So perhaps when I apply for E-3 with new employer in September, my current "pending" H1-B may be invalid?
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

E3whatE3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E3 Administrative Process

Currntly in Australia, I recieved a job offer from US. The offerer is a consulting company where the job would be offsite at a software giant. I understand consulting co can be tricky, but the employer seems legit and they have had quiet a few h1bs last year (I geuss h1b is hearder than e3 to get).
I had their lawyer prepared a package and I want with lca to Sydney embassy a couple of days ago, naively expecting to get the visa quickly.

The visa officer asked a couple of questions. she did not let me answer completely and kept threwing the next one immediately. Finally she handed me an admin processing letter. She didn't ask for anything but my cv!

Now I am here with the admin processing state of limbo. A bit of googling freaked me out as people have had massive wait times with admin processing on h1b.

There isnt many onfo on admin proc with e3 out there.

My question is has anyone had similar experince?

Also, considering e3 has nothing to do with uscis is it reasonable to think the admin proc time wouldnt be too long?
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E3 Administrative Process

Originally Posted by E3whatE3
There isnt many onfo on admin proc with e3 out there.
Administrative processing is for background checks on the applicant, not the job. The stories you have read for any of the other non-immigrant visa categories (H-1B, B-1/2, etc.) all reflect what may possibly happen to you - it is not visa specific.

Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing how long it will take. I would prepare yourself for quite a wait, since there is absolutely nothing else you can do at this point.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by retzie
Administrative processing is for background checks on the applicant, not the job. The stories you have read for any of the other non-immigrant visa categories (H-1B, B-1/2, etc.) all reflect what may possibly happen to you - it is not visa specific.

Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing how long it will take. I would prepare yourself for quite a wait, since there is absolutely nothing else you can do at this point.
Thanks for response. One thing I forgot above is that I asked the visa officer if I could get a timeline? And she answered when does your job start. I answered Aug 15th, and she asked 9th? (I guess she meant is 9th ok?). Then she wrote August 9th on her form.

Also I have been to U.S. for vacation just a few months back (on WVP).

Does above information make any difference?

Ta

Last edited by E3whatE3; Aug 4th 2013 at 3:06 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

No. AP will take as long as it takes. You can't find out why you're in AP; you can't find out how long it will take; and you can't find out where in the process you are. There is absolutely nothing you can do... except wait.

Ian
Old Aug 7th 2013, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

nani is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how long it has been taking lately to get an adjudication by USCIS on E3 extensions? It took me almost 6 months last time.

Did anyone extend with uscis within the past year? How long are they taking these days to process? Thanks.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

deano2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey All again just a quick update and couple of quick questions.

Just want to thank everyone for all their information!

So I took your advice, gave the immigration attorney all the information which was provided here and they said the reason why they wanted to do a petition to the USCIS in lieu of DOL is that they are in more control. Anyway I said I want it straight to DOL which they have now lodged. Maybe it is a way to justify a higher fee too. Lol.

My question to you is does it matter what the LCA start work date is? For example they put down 16 September on my LCA, but now the firm want me to start on 30 September does that matter or will my attorney have to change the LCA again?

Also my mother is coming to visit me here in the States (hopefully before I start working) so I have read somewhere that you can enter on an E-3 10 (business?) days before the scheduled date. Is that correct?

My question is how important is the start date on the LCA? Or is the I-94 the important date (i.e. 10 days from when you ENTER the US)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 9th 2013, 12:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by deano2013
My question to you is...
With respect, why aren't you asking your immigration attorney these questions?

I have read somewhere...
Somewhere? Do you remember whether or not it was a government web site? "Somewhere" is pretty nebulous with respect to given information.

Ian
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:36 am
Just Joined

Thanks for response. One thing I forgot above is that I asked the visa officer if I could get a timeline? And she answered when does your job start. I answered Aug 15th, and she asked 9th? (I guess she meant is 9th ok?). Then she wrote August 9th on her form.

Also I have been to U.S. for vacation just a few months back (on WVP).

Ta
Just an update for others. I was lucky enough to get the result in 10 days. Turns out the admin process was for a quick background check.

Old Aug 12th 2013, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update for others. I was lucky enough to get the result in 10 days. Turns out the admin process was for a quick background check.

good, enjoy!! which city?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

AusDave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HET
Applying for E3 visa in Singapore and just wondering if anyone can help - have submitted online application for E3 visa for myself, spouse, and kids and when I get to the appointment stage and submit, it says no seats available.

I can clearly see on the embassy appointment schedule that there is availability - for every wed this month.

Has anyone encountered this? Is there a problem with the website? Been trying over weekend but had no luck and public holiday here today so no joy either.

TIA.
I have the same issue as this post here. Does any one know what the issue might be wrong? I'm currently travelling abroad on a business trip which makes it hard to sync up with the consulate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.