Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old May 23rd 2011, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Originally Posted by ReneeNYC
Nani -- I did *begin* the process of applying for a green card in 2005. But my company was bought by a larger company one year later and so when the second stage of the process came up, it was a whole new HR team and company lawywer in place and I was told they only supported GC for Senior Execs. So it never got any further.

I think my lawyer had only filed the PERM application and so whatever the second stage is, we didn't get that far. So technically, I have never had a GC application in, and so always answer "no" to this question when asked in interviews or by airport immigration

You were asked by immigration officer ever if "you (on your behalf that is) had an active GC application going"?
Old May 25th 2011, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Innka9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

First of all thank you for all the useful information of this forum!

My question is this. If you enter the US with an E3 visa and then need to change employers within a few months for whatever reason, how do you go about doing that?

Will you run into problems because you are changing employers so soon after your initial E3 visa?

Do you have to leave the country in order to get a new E3 or reply?

Thanks so much!
Innka9
Old May 25th 2011, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Innka9
If you enter the US with an E3 visa and then need to change employers within a few months for whatever reason, how do you go about doing that?
The new employer must file the paperwork to sponsor you for the change. I believe (although I'm not 100% sure) that once the paperwork is accepted, you can change employers... so you don't need to wait until the paperwork is actually approved.

Will you run into problems because you are changing employers so soon after your initial E3 visa?
Not likely, no.

Do you have to leave the country in order to get a new E3 or reply?
No. If you need to travel outside the US, you must appear at a US consulate abroad to get a new visa in your passport... this is because the change of status was done from within the US. Of course, if you don't need to travel outside the US, you don't have to do anything.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me if I've gotten this wrong.

Ian
Old May 27th 2011, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

nani is an unknown quantity at this point

@ian is right.
Old May 31st 2011, 8:21 am
Just Joined

myzone868 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Experts,

Im attending for e3 visa interview in next 2 weeks time....I was filling up DS 160 I was asked whether I have been refused visa to USA yes or no

if I say yes they are asking why ?

infact In 2006 I have been refused visa but they never told me why

could guys please help me how should I respond to this questions.

many thanks
Old May 31st 2011, 4:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

They can look up 'why' on their computer. Tell the truth. It was probably for not having strong ties to your home country, very common.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

dominicjohnson83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone. I've just got a job offer from a company in Atlanta, GA. They have filed my LCA on the 26th of May, technically making it 5 working days since submission.

I'm waiting for it to be certified. It seems different people have different results when it comes to this.

any more light on the matter...

im just wanting to get the whole thing over and done with and fly over to the u,s of a!!

ps im aussie on an e3
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dominicjohnson83
Hi Everyone. I've just got a job offer from a company in Atlanta, GA. They have filed my LCA on the 26th of May, technically making it 5 working days since submission.

I'm waiting for it to be certified. It seems different people have different results when it comes to this.
As of a year or two ago, LCA approval or rejection takes 7 days. Almost to the minute. It seems they have built in a deliberate delay for some reason.

If it's rejected (as happened to my last one due to a error on the form) it still seems to take 7 days, but at least for mine the corrected version was approved within a day or two so it seems the deliberate delay doesn't apply for the re-submit.

Given that you're already over that 7 days, I'd suspect that memorial day has added a day to the processing this week. If you don't get a response by end of day today, then I'd be asking whoever submitted it to start following up...
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

hey docnetau...

if it was submitted 26th

27th - friday
28th - sat
29th - sun
30th - monday public holiday
31st - tue
1st - wed
2nd - thur
3rd - fri

so i'm counting between 5 & 6 business days have occurred...

does that seem right? are we dealing with business days or days in general?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

hey docnetau...

if it was submitted 26th

27th - friday
28th - sat
29th - sun
30th - monday public holiday
31st - tue
1st - wed
2nd - thur
3rd - fri

so i'm counting between 5 & 6 business days have occurred...

does that seem right? are we dealing with business days or days in general?
Mine was submited last year in May Thursday night. Approved Thursday night next week. Exact 7 days.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 2:39 am
Just Joined

wow, just woke up this morning and the status has change to CERTIFIED.

that's good, right?

7 days exact.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

wow, just woke up this morning and the status has change to CERTIFIED.

that's good, right?

7 days exact.
Step one done. Good luck.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

jameslondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys. loved the thread, very informative

I had a question for you all. I am travelling to New York for 3 months on VWP and i hope to obtain work using during that time. I Have a degree and 3 years experience as an accountant or in accounts departments. Has anyone else had a similar experience to me? Could someone provide me with some recruiters i can contact or share a story of how they achieved getting an E-3 visa in the accounting industry

Thanks guys
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jameslondon
I am travelling to New York for 3 months on VWP and i hope to obtain work using during that time.
Welcome to BE!

Just to clarify, the VWP is valid for 90 days... so, not quite 3 months! Also, be sure to NOT sign anything if you happen to find a position.

I Have a degree and 3 years experience as an accountant or in accounts departments.
Do you have any US experience, or are you familiar with US accounting practices? Aside from a degree (which degree?), do you have any formal certification?

Ian
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

jameslondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Welcome to BE!

Just to clarify, the VWP is valid for 90 days... so, not quite 3 months! Also, be sure to NOT sign anything if you happen to find a position.

Do you have any US experience, or are you familiar with US accounting practices? Aside from a degree (which degree?), do you have any formal certification?

Ian
Hi Ian

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have no US experience. I am familiar with US accounting practices. I have a bachelor of Commerce majoring in Accounting and Finance. I am part qualified and have started my CPA. I am just putting the feelers out there to see if anyone has a similar experience to myself

Thanks again for the reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.