Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Apr 17th 2015, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

yogibear14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Originally Posted by retzie
Status is generally the same as your visa of entry (unless you file to change status, of course!). It sounds like you are currently in E-3 status. If there is a particular question to which this doesn't seem like a sensible answer, you might want to post it up for others to comment.
Yes, I am in the US under an E-3 visa. I just wondered if there was a more 'all encompassing term' (probably containing the word 'alien') that I can state my status to the numerous people who have no idea what an E-3 is.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yogibear14
Yes, I am in the US under an E-3 visa. I just wondered if there was a more 'all encompassing term' (probably containing the word 'alien') that I can state my status to the numerous people who have no idea what an E-3 is.
If these are random or "numerous" people then they probably careless if you are going to be very 'legally' perfect...why can't you just say its a 'work visa'. For most folks thats pretty clear...you have a job, you have a visa. you dont have a job, you gotto leave.

For the folks who care about legality, well they probably will know what e-3 is.

Last edited by E3only; Apr 17th 2015 at 9:27 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yogibear14
I just wondered if there was a more 'all encompassing term' (probably containing the word 'alien') that I can state my status to the numerous people who have no idea what an E-3 is.
You can call yourself a 'nonimmigrant alien' if you feel like it will help...

I agree that 'work visa' is going to be much more readily understood. You could expand with "an E-3 is like a TN", if you're talking to people who are familiar with the system, but haven't heard of the E-3.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

yogibear14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok great thanks.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 4:58 am
Just Joined

ekyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Friends,

My wife got a job offer to work with a company in temp to permanent condition. Initially its a 12 months contract and the employer will be a consulting company. Has anyone got E3 with similar kind of job? Is this allowed on E3? Please help.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 1:27 am
Just Joined

fair_dincum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Did anyone check E-3 appointments in Canada recently for non-residents? I was going to go there for renewal but don't see any available appointments at all I read they released them somewhat randomly but I'd like to have a better idea what dates they are going to open up...

It also seems there are more appointments available for H-1Bs than E-3s as people do report availability in Ottawa a few days ahead.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Sevusal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fair_dincum
Hi guys,

Did anyone check E-3 appointments in Canada recently for non-residents? I was going to go there for renewal but don't see any available appointments at all I read they released them somewhat randomly but I'd like to have a better idea what dates they are going to open up...

It also seems there are more appointments available for H-1Bs than E-3s as people do report availability in Ottawa a few days ahead.
I did mine last month at Ottawa. That's the only consulate which had ipenings at that time.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sevusal
I did mine last month at Ottawa. That's the only consulate which had ipenings at that time.
Thanks Sevusal, I guess the demand is picking up closer to the summer. Will go to Mexico then, plenty of availability there.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Sevusal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fair_dincum
Thanks Sevusal, I guess the demand is picking up closer to the summer. Will go to Mexico then, plenty of availability there.
good luck.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

My plan is to go renew the E-3 myself while leaving my family here in the US. Once I get it, we will apply for status extension for all of them so that they do not to make an extra trip. Did anyone else go down that route? How long did it take to get the extension approved?
Old May 4th 2015, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

elenab is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum and have signed up just to ask a couple of questions. I have been lucky enough to finally get a job offer and E3 sponsorship offer in NYC. I'm wondering:

1) How long does it take the LCA form to be approved usually?
2) Has anyone had any experience applying for a first-time E3 visa in Barbados?
3) Has anyone had any experience with the law firm Fragomen for their E3? If so, how long did it take them to process your LCA?

Thank you in advance for your help. I am over the moon about this job offer and just want to make sure it goes smoothly.
Old May 4th 2015, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elenab
2) Has anyone had any experience applying for a first-time E3 visa in Barbados?
Is that where you're living? I'm sure others will be along shortly to address the other questions.

Ian
Old May 4th 2015, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

elenab is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Is that where you're living? I'm sure others will be along shortly to address the other questions.

Ian
Hi Ian. No, I'm living in NYC but just wanted a cheap(-is) and quick place to go to get my E3. I think a trip home to Aus would take too long and be costly in comparison.
Old May 5th 2015, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

1) How long does it take the LCA form to be approved usually?
3) Has anyone had any experience with the law firm Fragomen for their E3? If so, how long did it take them to process your LCA?
1) Exactly 7 days, presuming no issues.

3) Yes. They did my original E-3 and are your typical large immigration law firm. Expect them to add at least a week to the time it takes for the LCA, not including the time it takes you to provide them with all of the details that they ask for (expect them to want copies of degrees, current resume, work history, etc, etc).

When you do get your paperwork from Fragomen it'll probably be an inch thick. Your choice if you take it all with you to the interview, or just find the dozen or so pages you actually need, and toss the rest...
Old May 5th 2015, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm living in NYC...
Ah - okay. If I may... what is your current status in the US?

... but just wanted a cheap(-is) and quick place to go to get my E3.
Canada would be closer and less expensive, don't you think? Indeed, you may be able to change status without leaving the US.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.