Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Aug 5th 2014, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Originally Posted by Intelligent
Any idea about the current appointment dates at Canada(Toronto) or Barbados.
Have you checked their web sites? Have you contacted them directly to find out?

Does anyone know how long(how many days) does it take to get an Canadian Tourist visa
Have you contacted them directly to find out?

If we plan to go Barbados, does anyone know, if I can get a visa on arrival for my wife. if not how long(how many days) does it take to get an Barbados Tourist visa
Have you checked their web site? Have you contacted them directly to find out?

Question - do you plan to do any research at all on your own, or do you just want people to spoon feed you the answers?

Ian
Old Aug 5th 2014, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Intelligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Have you checked their web sites? Have you contacted them directly to find out?

Have you contacted them directly to find out?

Have you checked their web site? Have you contacted them directly to find out?

Question - do you plan to do any research at all on your own, or do you just want people to spoon feed you the answers?

Ian
Thanks for the reply Ian,
no I did not check it nor i did any research yet, I am super busy with the work.
I rely little bit on this super E3 blog. So I thought I will start my research from here.
That's fine if no one knows the answers to my questions

I will put it here if I find any answers, that way it will be helpful to the people going through the same situation

Thank you
Old Aug 9th 2014, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

economy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Intelligent
Hello,

I got couple of question to ask

1. Any idea about the current appointment dates at Canada(Toronto) or Barbados
2. My wife is still on Australian PR, if I need go to Canada for E3 renewal, I know, I need to get a visit visa for her. Does anyone know how long(how many days) does it take to get an Canadian Tourist visa
3. If we plan to go Barbados, does anyone know, if I can get a visa on arrival for my wife. if not how long(how many days) does it take to get an Barbados Tourist visa

Thanks in Advance
Visit visa for Canada or Barbados depends upon passport/nationality she is currently holding.Its very hard to get appointment in Canada I mean you have to constantly monitor website at 4AM and book (as appointment) becomes available.
Old Aug 10th 2014, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

timbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Total noobie here, seeking advice!

I'm an Australian/British citizen I have been in the US for 2 months now having been admitted on a 3 month I94. My Australian girlfriend is working on an E3 here. I have a B-1/B-2 visa. I have seen several interesting roles here that I have applied for, but interviews yet.

So I need to clear out of the country in 3 weeks, find a job (hopefully leading to an E3), or apply for an extension. Can't see a job happening, and am worried about applying for an extension as it could take 4-5 months to get an answer, and am worried it will complicate a possible E3.

I can see 3 options, can anyone comment on these ?

a) Head back to Australia - without an E3 I will need to remain back in Australia for maybe 3 months to be able to come back
b) Apply for an extension, then if a job comes through head back to Australia to do E3 application
c) Apply for an extension, and if a role comes up, process an E3 while remaining here

I'm concerned an B-1/B-2 extension in the queue will complicate an E3 as I understand I can't remove an extension application and the USCIS has a last granted policy they apply.

Many thanks!
Old Aug 10th 2014, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timbat
I have been in the US for 2 months now having been admitted on a 3 month I94.
Why were you admitted for only 3 months? Usually a B-1/2 visa will get you 6 months.

a) Head back to Australia - without an E3 I will need to remain back in Australia for maybe 3 months to be able to come back
Expensive... but probably the safest route.

b) Apply for an extension, then if a job comes through head back to Australia to do E3 application
Be honest with yourself... do you actually see a job coming through? On the one hand, staying in the US will help your job search; on the other hand, an employer still isn't likely to hire you without you already having permission to work - and they'd still need to spend a lot of money to hire you. What skills can you offer that will make you more attractive to an employer than someone who is already in the US with permission to work? It's largely a rhetorical question - but, again, you must be honest with yourself.

c) Apply for an extension, and if a role comes up, process an E3 while remaining here
Pretty much same as above, except for the trip back to Oz.

I'm concerned an B-1/B-2 extension in the queue will complicate an E3...
It shouldn't... so long as the extension isn't denied and you're then deemed to have overstayed your welcome. That's always the risk you take, though.

Ian
Old Aug 13th 2014, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Sevusal is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on L2 and got a new job. My new employer has applied for my E3 visa and VSC received it on 7/16. Up until last week the official E3 visa processing time at VSC was 2 months but I noticed this week that E3 visa category is completely removed along with updates to other visa categories. Does anyone know what does this means? Should I be expecting my approval shortly or it may have been accidentally removed from the website?

Last edited by Sevusal; Aug 13th 2014 at 5:30 am.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sevusal
Does anyone know what does this means?
It doesn't mean anything other than the web site is having problems.

Ian
Old Aug 13th 2014, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Sevusal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It doesn't mean anything other than the web site is having problems.

Ian
Thanks. I hope that's not the case and I get my approval this week.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Auckmarty is an unknown quantity at this point

And so I got my E3. It was all pretty straight forward and went smoothly. Took 30mins total.

I went to the Consulate in Auckland, as I live in NZ. The first lady I spoke to had me hand all my documents over and scan my finger prints, and she was very friendly.

Then she asked me to sit down and wait to be called.

After about 10 mins I was called up. The guy said "E3 visa... we don't get many of these. What will you be doing there? (at said US employer). I started giving an explanation and he was happy with that and nodded and said no problem, so I didn't go far in it at all.

And I said I'm applying here because this is where I live. And that was it, he said I'm approved.

Woohoo.

By the way, one last thing. All I have from the employer is their word (over email) and an unsigned letter of offer on their company letter head. I assume I should ask for a job contract and read it thoroughly and sign it before I resign from my current employer and jump on a plane headed to the states, yeah?

Last edited by Auckmarty; Aug 14th 2014 at 10:39 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

call is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by e3geek
I went to Sydney for a new E3 last week. They asked for my resume which I didnt have handy. BAM! Got a 221(g).
What?! That's strange. Sorry to hear that! What happened? Was your job relevant to your degree? I'd love to know more details...
Old Aug 15th 2014, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Auckmarty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by call
What?! That's strange. Sorry to hear that! What happened? Was your job relevant to your degree? I'd love to know more details...
Oh wow. On a whim I actually took a printout of my CV to my visa interview today, guess it was a good idea? They actually accepted it as one of their documents.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Druti75 is an unknown quantity at this point

I booked my interview for E3 visa,trying as Test Analyst.Can anyone please suggest what kind of interview questions I can expect when trying as a Test Analyst.
Any help is much appreciated
Old Aug 18th 2014, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Druti75
Can anyone please suggest what kind of interview questions I can expect when trying as a Test Analyst.
What's a test analyst?

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2014, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Druti75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for getting back Ian.I meant the job offer I got is in Software Testing and looking for any advice on interview questions I should be expecting.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

bm1789 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been waiting 53 days for my EAD. So far USCIS customer care is nothing but a black hole of non-information. I haven't received my bio-metrics appointment notice, either. I'm starting to get a bit worried because I heard even though they say "90 days" that it seems to be only 4-6 weeks for most people.

Is there any reason to be concerned? Is there any reason an EAD would be denied for an E3D visa? Also, do I really have to wait for the biometrics appointment letter? I heard you can just show up and have it taken.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.