E-3 Visa 2010 Running Thread

Old Jun 7th 2010, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa 2010 Running Thread

Originally Posted by vivistar
Hoping you can help!
Asked and answered here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671448.

Ian
Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

froberts2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Two employers

Originally Posted by lifehouse51
My instinct will be that it would not be permitted. Your status is tied to the new employer after getting a new visa or complete a transfer with USCIS. The fact that your LCA with the old employer is still valid won't matter. It's even riskier when you will get paid by the old employer for part time work as there will be obvious paper trail
I'm not sure that this is actually the case. Last time I changed employers they canceled my old E-3 and issued a new one. When I asked about that, in the context that I was still working for my old employer at the time (didn't want to hand in my resignation until I had the new visa) they said there was no issue with continuing to work for the old employer - although I'm not sure if that was a short-term comment or what...

When re-entering the country I know that I mentioned both employers, but I'm not sure which one they wrote on the I-94 at the time.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:37 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Two employers

Originally Posted by froberts2
I'm not sure that this is actually the case. Last time I changed employers they canceled my old E-3 and issued a new one. When I asked about that, in the context that I was still working for my old employer at the time (didn't want to hand in my resignation until I had the new visa) they said there was no issue with continuing to work for the old employer - although I'm not sure if that was a short-term comment or what...

When re-entering the country I know that I mentioned both employers, but I'm not sure which one they wrote on the I-94 at the time.
You may very well be right. I also don't think the I-94 mentions the name of the employer. However, the experience of the people here is that you can't totally trust what a consulate/embassy tells you. They may not interpret the laws correctly, and if something happens to you, you can't use the argument that you follow what the consulate tells you.

Augigi did mention that it's possible to work for multple employers under E3...so maybe it's as simple as getting multiple LCA's approved.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know the specifics; I haven't done it. But I definitely read it in a USCIS document.. will have to try and find where. If someone wants to do that.. they should probably fork out for at least a one-time meeting with an immigration lawyer.

I currently have both an E3 and a B2 in my passport though, so you don't necessarily get one visa "cancelled" when you get another approved.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

bjih is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Montreal Consulate

I successfully renewed my E-3 at the Montreal Consulate this morning. There were no problems, other than me forgetting my tube with my degree certificates and transcripts. Since it was a renewal they weren't to concerned about the degrees and let it slide.

The only inquisitive question I had was "Why did you come to the US and how did you originally come across this job".

Paid the new $390 fee at the cashier. Even they were surprised about the fee hike.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by augigi
If someone wants to do that.. they should probably fork out for at least a one-time meeting with an immigration lawyer.
Yup, my hope was that someone had already done the forking out to save me the time/money
Old Jun 7th 2010, 11:11 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Montreal Consulate

Originally Posted by bjih
I successfully renewed my E-3 at the Montreal Consulate this morning. There were no problems, other than me forgetting my tube with my degree certificates and transcripts. Since it was a renewal they weren't to concerned about the degrees and let it slide.

The only inquisitive question I had was "Why did you come to the US and how did you originally come across this job".

Paid the new $390 fee at the cashier. Even they were surprised about the fee hike.
It seems like you have to schedule an appointment in Canada quite ahead of time because of the wait...I was thinking of maybe going to Halifax for my renewal in two years...less crowded I hope?

At where I applied, they didn't seem to let people pay the full amount at the consulate. Everyone has to at least have paid the previous fee of $131 to the bank, before being allowed to pay the difference at the cashier. The staff there too commented on the high fee of the E visas compared to the tourist or student visas, which are the ones they saw most often.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:48 am
Just Joined

skzm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skzm
Cheers for your quick reply - guess I am calling them tomorrow.
No sign of the passport today either. Gave their $12 line a quick call, they didnt charge me - but informed me nothing they can do, and best thing is to email the consulate at the email on the website. Will post here if I get a response etc...
Old Jun 8th 2010, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

No sign of the passport today either. Gave their $12 line a quick call, they didnt charge me - but informed me nothing they can do, and best thing is to email the consulate at the email on the website. Will post here if I get a response etc...
That's wierd. I know given they have your passport the visa is approved? I mean otherwise they would have given the PP back of course - but did you hear them say the "Visa is Approved".

Mine arrived in 3rd working day FYI
Old Jun 9th 2010, 2:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by E3only
Mine arrived in 3rd working day FYI
Thanks for your reply. So just to provide a 'final' update (cause is always disappointing when people dont).

Emailed the embassy, and they replied last night at 5:30pm saying that my visa was processed, and sent via Australia Post on the 4th of June. Which was very concerning as I couldnt find any details on the tracking website regarding my satchel. After spending a few hours worrying that I'd have to apply for a new passport + visa etc. The details finally turned up on the Auspost website at 8pm and my visa/passport just arrived at 12:30 on the 9th.

So not sure where/what my passport was doing for the few days between the 4th of June, and the 8th of June... but at least all is good. Thanks everyone for their replies - and hope this helps if anybody is in a similar situation.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 2:54 am
Just Joined

Emailed the embassy, and they replied last night at 5:30pm saying that my visa was processed, and sent via Australia Post on the 4th of June. Which was very concerning as I couldnt find any details on the tracking website regarding my satchel. After spending a few hours worrying that I'd have to apply for a new passport + visa etc. The details finally turned up on the Auspost website at 8pm and my visa/passport just arrived at 12:30 on the 9th.
If you had listed yourself as the sender, head into a local AusPost and they will give you another ExpressPost envelope due to them missing the delivery time.

Unfortunately they will only do this for the "sender", so if you'd listed the consulate as the sender your out of luck...

Won't make up for it being late, but at least it might make you feel like you got something back for your pain
Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:21 am
Busy at Work

Thanks for your reply. So just to provide a 'final' update (cause is always disappointing when people dont).

So not sure where/what my passport was doing for the few days between the 4th of June, and the 8th of June... but at least all is good. Thanks everyone for their replies - and hope this helps if anybody is in a similar situation.
hey so you did get it in time for your travel tomorrow! Try not to cut it this close next time! (I thought I was cutting it close already - expect to receive my passport tomorrow, Thursday, and flight will be next Monday)
Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

hey so you did get it in time for your travel tomorrow! Try not to cut it this close next time! (I thought I was cutting it close already - expect to receive my passport tomorrow, Thursday, and flight will be next Monday)
Well, how about never book before you have the passport in hand
Old Jun 9th 2010, 4:20 am
Busy at Work

Originally Posted by E3only
Well, how about never book before you have the passport in hand
The ticket has doubled in price since I bought it! Another reason to live a life with risks!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Yep came in Wednesday morning, and flew out on the Thursday - all good in the end.

Think i worked out the mystery too - the Embassy told me they processed and sent it out on the 4th of June. But my wife's passport / E3D visa was also in the same package and it had a processed date of the 8th of June - I think maybe the US Embassy wasnt 100% truthful when it said it posted them on the 4th of June

HOw'd you go with your flight? make it? hopefully you did...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.