E-3 Question

Old Jul 25th 2008, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

pdesai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E-3 Question

Hi Folks,

I had a question about my E-3. I have changed employers recently and got my I-797A, approved.

If I go overseas now, Do I need to go to the US Consulate to update my Visa with the new employer?

OR

Can I just come back with the existing Visa on the passport and present the new I-797 and the I-94?

I guess the basis of my question is if they ask me who my employer is, then my answer will not match whats on my passport, but will match the I-797A.

Thanks for your help, the letter from my lawyers is very confusing and so is their advice.

Thanks,

Pdesai
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

nickNYC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Question

I'm also interested in the answer? I've got an I-797A from my E-3 visa extension. Do I need a new stamp in my visa to reenter if I travel overseas? How do I get the new stamp?
Old Nov 15th 2008, 8:52 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Question

If no-one on the forum knows the answer, you may wish to find a competent immigration attorney.