Wikiposts

E-2 visa help

Old May 30th 2009, 2:55 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-2 visa help

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Who is "us", and why do you think you're entitled to special treatment? US immigration laws are specifically designed to keep non-US citizens *out* of the US.

Ian

If that is the case, why would anyone be allowed to immigrate?

Probably more precise to say that they are designed only to allow certain categories of persons to migrate (and then only in certain numbers) and keep others out.
Old May 30th 2009, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Out of interest, what does the United States offer you that these countries don't? And if there is something extra, is it worth all the additional visa hassle and uncertainty?
The Mouse?
Old May 30th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

coopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deanandjean
Or if we move out on permanent green cards would i be able to set him with the cash in order to entitle him to buy a business
I sympathise with your situation. Our son was over 21 by the time we eventually got our green cards (I'm also an RN) and we, like you, thought of all ways to bring him with us but it never worked out.

He has a family of his own now and would still love to come here to live and work, but we know it's never gonna happen.
Old May 30th 2009, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

We have had experience of an E2 visa. The visa could not be applied for until the house was sold and the business monies were held in equity. So the answer to your question is yes you can sell the house to raise the business funds.
Old May 30th 2009, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

deanandjean is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much twigstar that was the answer i was looking for.
Some immigration lawyers are saying that you need to have a house in the uk but really these are all based in the us and the uk lawyers are saying the opposite.

barak obama is intent on getting the new resolutions through and there maybe good news on the hr 2536 which will entitle 20,000 immigrants each year for the next 3 years to be fast tracked into the us it is in the house and was introduced 20th may it has to be bpassed by sub committees and then passed by the house of congress and the house of senates which once done is automatically signed by the us president and it is enforced immediately.
this is being aimed at section A catergories which nurses are now part of so there maybe hope that route before he hits 21.

either way we dont want to leave him home alone.

As for oz i really cant comment as i have never been to oz and so i dont want to commit to somewhere i havent been.My parents have been twice as i have relatives in oz but they spent most of their stay there swatting the flies off their heads something i cant stand.

deanandjean
Old May 31st 2009, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

the US is where we want to be. we own a home in Florida, love the weather and the people.

Australia has no appeal, canada is meant to be awesome but the weather sucks (too much like the Uk) pretty similar story for NZ.

everyone has their ideal place for us it is Fla (the Gulf Coast not Disney ), and we are doing everything by the book -bloody time consuming and frustrating but worth the effort we hope
Old May 31st 2009, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again

Never asked did they sell their house before they filed for e-2 or after ?
before as far as I know
Old May 31st 2009, 1:40 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much twigstar that was the answer i was looking for.
Some immigration lawyers are saying that you need to have a house in the uk but really these are all based in the us and the uk lawyers are saying the opposite.
You do need an address ....all those I know on E-2 use a relatives addresss...

barak obama is intent on getting the new resolutions through and there maybe good news on the hr 2536 which will entitle 20,000 immigrants each year for the next 3 years to be fast tracked into the us it is in the house and was introduced 20th may it has to be bpassed by sub committees and then passed by the house of congress and the house of senates which once done is automatically signed by the us president and it is enforced immediately.
this is being aimed at section A catergories which nurses are now part of so there maybe hope that route before he hits 21.
That actually started out around a year ago ...it never got very far ....most bills don't ..I would most definetely not rely on that ..the thinking I hear is that they want more nursing schools to employ more americans..
Old May 31st 2009, 2:00 am
Just Joined

It did actually start out over 2 years ago but it was called the hr5924 and that was under the previous government it is now dead .With this government it has a good chance it is now in the committees and sub committees hands if it gets passed after review i will update as i have the bill under a tracker now.

But anything is a hope that this retrogression will end.

They have the nursing schools they just dont have the teachers to teach them 20,000 us student nurses have been turned down even with that figure the us government know there is a 116,000 shortfall and his main aim is to reform the health act which hopefully will give us some idea in the coming months what is happening.

at present it is in the hands of

House Judiciary
House Energy and Commerce
Old May 31st 2009, 2:07 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

There has been a shortfall for years and I have not come across any feeling from people here that importing more foreigners will help them ..they want the jobs themselves ..and the politicians know that... I don't think you will see any action in the coming months ..maybe years
Old May 31st 2009, 2:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
There has been a shortfall for years and I have not come across any feeling from people here that importing more foreigners will help them ..they want the jobs themselves ..and the politicians know that... I don't think you will see any action in the coming months ..maybe years
Makes you wonder why I read of Nurses being laid off.
Old May 31st 2009, 4:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Makes you wonder why I read of Nurses being laid off.
It sure does. I just met a neighbor yesterday who's a career nurse age 50, laid off in October. hunh?
Old May 31st 2009, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Its strange you do a search on nursing vacencies and there are literally thousands being advertised cant work it out myself?
Old May 31st 2009, 5:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Its strange you do a search on nursing vacencies and there are literally thousands being advertised cant work it out myself?
Here's one that may shock you...

I hear that a lot of companies advertise all the time, even when there isn't a specific job opening.

We do it. If that star candidate comes across the board, I want to be sure to meet her. If she's great, I'll make room for her.
If you're not advertising, you might miss them.

It's a common complaint here in the US; job boards aren't necessarily a reflection of reality.
Old May 31st 2009, 6:59 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
If that is the case, why would anyone be allowed to immigrate?

Probably more precise to say that they are designed only to allow certain categories of persons to migrate (and then only in certain numbers) and keep others out.
Hi:

Ian got that from me and I think his analysis is correct. Think of it this way -- an alien is not allowed to take up residence in the US unless they meet one of the specific exceptions to the general principle. Another principle -- the presumed answer is "no" unless one can convince one that the government is allowed to say "yes."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.