DV lottery statistics.

Old May 15th 2009, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice
Default DV lottery statistics.

Hi,
Could some one direct me to the link which gives statistical information with regard to applications received region wise, on DV lottery.

Thanks
Old May 15th 2009, 6:05 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DV lottery statistics.

I don't think the statistics have been posted for this year yet but you'll find whatever there is at travel.state.gov
Old May 15th 2009, 6:05 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DV+lottery+statistics.
Old May 15th 2009, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Thanks for the infor , but I could'nt find the info I was looking for , that is how many application received from each country,
Old May 15th 2009, 7:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafanm
Thanks for the infor , but I could'nt find the info I was looking for , that is how many application received from each country,
You only want to know how many applications are received from each country? Not how many are successful?

Rene
Old May 15th 2009, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I could'nt find the info I was looking for , that is how many application received from each country,
Are you simply doing research... or does this inquiry have anything whatsoever to do with you personally? And, once you have the information you're after, what good does it do you to know?

Ian
Old May 16th 2009, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You only want to know how many applications are received from each country? Not how many are successful?

Rene
Hi Rene
Yes all I need the is number of applicantion received by country wise, I was able to find the successful application figures.

thanks
Old May 16th 2009, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Are you simply doing research... or does this inquiry have anything whatsoever to do with you personally? And, once you have the information you're after, what good does it do you to know?

Ian
Hi Ian,
I am from Sri Lanka , and looking for application received data for my personal consumption.
I know 782 sri lankans were lucky last year, but don't know the statistic's of my country's success and failure, if I had this info this would help me to work out quite a lot of probabilities for my own application,
Old May 16th 2009, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... if I had this info this would help me to work out quite a lot of probabilities for my own application,
I understand what you're trying to do... but I don't understand why. If you apply, there are only 2 possible outcomes... you are either successful or you are not successful. If you are successful - great! If you are not successful, then how will knowing the outcome of those who went before you change that decision or make you feel better? How will knowing the outcome of those when went before you change the answers you put on the application form - after all, you don't know what they answered.

If you were to find out that 90% of the applicants were successful, you may think that means that you have a better chance of success... you don't - because all applications are adjudicated on a case-by-case basis. If you find out that 90% of the applicants were denied, you may think that means you have a poor chance of success... you don't - for the exact same reason.

Ian
Old May 16th 2009, 7:10 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I understand what you're trying to do... but I don't understand why. If you apply, there are only 2 possible outcomes... you are either successful or you are not successful. If you are successful - great! If you are not successful, then how will knowing the outcome of those who went before you change that decision or make you feel better? How will knowing the outcome of those when went before you change the answers you put on the application form - after all, you don't know what they answered.

If you were to find out that 90% of the applicants were successful, you may think that means that you have a better chance of success... you don't - because all applications are adjudicated on a case-by-case basis. If you find out that 90% of the applicants were denied, you may think that means you have a poor chance of success... you don't - for the exact same reason.

Ian
It would be very useful information if you wanted to set up one of the hundreds of scam websites that charge you to file a DV Lottery application, and then claim they'll pay for flights to the US for winners. Armed with the % success rate of applicants from a particular country, you could derive a likely profit margin for such a scheme.

...but then I'm just cynical, I guess.
Old May 16th 2009, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

handbagsatdawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Ahhhh I love this...hilarious!
Old May 17th 2009, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbj1000
It would be very useful information if you wanted to set up one of the hundreds of scam websites that charge you to file a DV Lottery application, and then claim they'll pay for flights to the US for winners. Armed with the % success rate of applicants from a particular country, you could derive a likely profit margin for such a scheme.

...but then I'm just cynical, I guess.
Hi dbj, you are spot on.
to me always it's important to know the fact and figures irrespective of whether I win or lose, knowing the statistical data, you know what are your chances of success based on which you could organise yourself,

Eg, If I knew my chances of winning the DV lottery is 99% I would sell my home immediately and if the chances are 50% I would rather wait, There are many similar decisions one could make based on stat's

Hope you got my gist.
Old May 17th 2009, 12:46 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi dbj, you are spot on.
to me always it's important to know the fact and figures irrespective of whether I win or lose, knowing the statistical data, you know what are your chances of success based on which you could organise yourself,

Eg, If I knew my chances of winning the DV lottery is 99% I would sell my home immediately and if the chances are 50% I would rather wait, There are many similar decisions one could make based on stat's

Hope you got my gist.
It's less than 50%. Don't sell the house!