Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

DV Lottery guidelines re: ex-partners

DV Lottery guidelines re: ex-partners

Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

MaryC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DV Lottery guidelines re: ex-partners

I looked at the lottery guidelines and everywhere online it states that one needs to complete ex-spouse's details also, yet on the pdf guidelines it states that if one is legally divorced details are not needed.

Very confusing. What happens if ex partners object to their details being given out? Or if people have been married more times? Which ex partner?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:33 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DV Lottery guidelines re: ex-partners

Originally Posted by MaryC
I looked at the lottery guidelines and everywhere online it states that one needs to complete ex-spouse's details also, yet on the pdf guidelines it states that if one is legally divorced details are not needed.

Very confusing. What happens if ex partners object to their details being given out? Or if people have been married more times? Which ex partner?
Depends where you read this ....
The next lottery details have yet to be published
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
Depends where you read this ....
The next lottery details have yet to be published
just DV lottery guidelines from last year as to completing the form. I thought forms remain more or less the same.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

just DV lottery guidelines from last year as to completing the form. I thought forms remain more or less the same.
See what the new one say should come out next week sometime
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got a link to what you were reading?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:22 pm
Ray

The 2010 Instruction are out now
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_1318.html
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
Thank you. But the link from the gov site doesn't work. Typical.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:34 pm
Ray

Thank you. But the link from the gov site doesn't work. Typical.
Works for me OK ... its the only site you should be reading ...
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It worked for me, too. That is the only official guide to the DV Lottery, and the only one you should be using.

Rene
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It worked for me, too. That is the only official guide to the DV Lottery, and the only one you should be using.

Rene
The site works but pdf for instructions doesn't
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:03 pm
Ray

Try again on Oct 2nd ....
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
Try again on Oct 2nd ....
Thank you. will do that.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

The did for me. One minute ago. You may want to check your Acrobat -- it can be hit or miss sometimes.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:46 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The did for me. One minute ago. You may want to check your Acrobat -- it can be hit or miss sometimes.
That is weird. It didn't work for me this morning but it does now.

So, the original question was:

#11 instructions say "..You must list your spouse even if you are currently separated from him/her, unless you are legally separated (i.e.there is a written agreement recognized by a court or a court order). If you are legally separated or divorced, you do not need to list your former spouse.

That is of course, the pdf which says what you said it says.

Where did you see this other instruction? "everywhere online"

So I'm back to.. Link, please.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
That is weird. It didn't work for me this morning but it does now.

So, the original question was:

#11 instructions say "..You must list your spouse even if you are currently separated from him/her, unless you are legally separated (i.e.there is a written agreement recognized by a court or a court order). If you are legally separated or divorced, you do not need to list your former spouse.

That is of course, the pdf which says what you said it says.

Where did you see this other instruction? "everywhere online"

So I'm back to.. Link, please.
yes I have it now. The original contradictin info I saw on one of the unofficial sites, but doesn't matter now as surelly this should be the accepted instruction material.

Thank you all. I will try to apply this year, doesn't hurt as ultimatelly I want to live in the USA, so this may come before the job, one never knows.