DV 2003 Cut OFf number

Old Apr 29th 2002, 3:30 am
Kyle Davis

Default DV 2003 Cut OFf number

Hi folks, I am a winner of DV2003 program. My Case Number is 2003AS8xxx My region is
Asia, but I applied from the US. I currently in the US with F1 Student visa. How do I
find out whether I have a chance to get the interview or not?
http://travel.state.gov/visa_bulletin.html has the information but I think that's
only for DV2002 program.

Also, if I do get the interview, when is the likelihood that I get the interview,
this year or next year?

Thans a lot!

Old Apr 29th 2002, 6:00 am
V.G.

Default Re: DV 2003 Cut OFf number

Assuming that DV2003 processing time pattern will be similar to that of DV2002 and
DV2001, the case number 8xxx for Asia will most likely become current at about
April-May 2003, however no one (even State Department) can predict that for sure.
With such a high (for Asia) case number I'd rather opt for consular processing, since
AOS usually takes about 6 months or more.

V.G.

Kyle Davis wrote:
    >
    > Hi folks, I am a winner of DV2003 program. My Case Number is 2003AS8xxx My region
    > is Asia, but I applied from the US. I currently in the US with F1 Student visa. How
    > do I find out whether I have a chance to get the interview or not?
    > http://travel.state.gov/visa_bulletin.html has the information but I think that's
    > only for DV2002 program.
    >
    > Also, if I do get the interview, when is the likelihood that I get the interview,
    > this year or next year?
    >
    > Thans a lot!

Old Apr 29th 2002, 6:00 am
Kyle Davis

Now you confuse me. What is AOS, and what is the different between that with Consular
Processing? Thanks!

"V.G." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Assuming that DV2003 processing time pattern will be similar to that of
DV2002 and DV2001, the case number 8xxx for Asia will most likely become current at
about April-May 2003, however no one (even State Department) can predict that for
sure. With such a high (for Asia) case number I'd rather opt for consular processing,
since AOS usually takes about 6 months or more.
    >
    > V.G.
    >
    > Kyle Davis wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi folks, I am a winner of DV2003 program. My Case Number is 2003AS8xxx My region
    > > is Asia, but I applied from the US. I currently in the US with
F1
    > > Student visa. How do I find out whether I have a chance to get the interview or
    > > not? http://travel.state.gov/visa_bulletin.html has the information but I think
    > > that's only for DV2002 program.
    > >
    > > Also, if I do get the interview, when is the likelihood that I get the interview,
    > > this year or next year?
    > >
    > > Thans a lot!

Old Apr 29th 2002, 7:30 am
Dv-Man

Based on the number you have (assuming it's AS 8000's), I think the visa number
became current towards April-May of the fiscal year. This means you would probably
hear of your interview around March-May 2003 (if I'm correct). Although there are
variations from year to year, I think you have a great chance if you apply through
consular processing.

BTW, would you happen to know if sending in your forms early (now, as opposed to
June-July) has any advantage if you have a low enough cutoff number. My cutoff
number is AS 3000's, and I'm expecting to hear around December, until June I won't
have a permanent address, so I don't want to mail out my forms until then... Any
advice on that?

DVM

Old May 1st 2002, 2:30 am
V.G.

AOS stands for adjustment of status, that is when you change your immigration status
while being physically present in the US. In your case you would change your status
from non-immigrant F-1 to a permanent resident status.

Consular processing of immigrant visa application means that you apply for an
immigrant visa at US consulate abroad. In this case you become a permanent resident
at the port of entry to the US.

V.G.

Kyle Davis wrote:
    >
    > Now you confuse me. What is AOS, and what is the different between that with
    > Consular Processing? Thanks!
    >
    > "V.G." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Assuming that DV2003 processing time pattern will be similar to that of
    > DV2002 and DV2001, the case number 8xxx for Asia will most likely become current at
    > about April-May 2003, however no one (even State Department) can predict that for
    > sure. With such a high (for Asia) case number I'd rather opt for consular
    > processing, since AOS usually takes about 6 months or more.
    > >
    > > V.G.
    > >
    > > Kyle Davis wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Hi folks, I am a winner of DV2003 program. My Case Number is 2003AS8xxx My
    > > > region is Asia, but I applied from the US. I currently in the US with
    > F1
    > > > Student visa. How do I find out whether I have a chance to get the interview or
    > > > not? http://travel.state.gov/visa_bulletin.html has the information but I think
    > > > that's only for DV2002 program.
    > > >
    > > > Also, if I do get the interview, when is the likelihood that I get the
    > > > interview, this year or next year?
    > > >
    > > > Thans a lot!