DS230 Question

Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:59 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default DS230 Question

On page 2 question 25 it asks for details of all dates of previous visits to the US.

Well I've had literally hundreds over the years on a B2 prior to introduction of the VWP and since then. Do I have to list each and every trip? I can go back 5 years on my Irish passport but my British passports which cover the years prior to that are MIA.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 10:30 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS230 Question

Originally posted by sibsie
On page 2 question 25 it asks for details of all dates of previous visits to the US.

Well I've had literally hundreds over the years on a B2 prior to introduction of the VWP and since then. Do I have to list each and every trip? I can go back 5 years on my Irish passport but my British passports which cover the years prior to that are MIA.
Doesn't it actually ask to give details to your best recollection? Or if not, when you sign it it states that the information is provided to your best knowledge. So perhaps it would be acceptable if you list all trips to the best of your knowledge?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 10:36 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Steffi
Doesn't it actually ask to give details to your best recollection? Or if not, when you sign it it states that the information is provided to your best knowledge. So perhaps it would be acceptable if you list all trips to the best of your knowledge?
It just says list all dates. I think I'll do all the ones from my Irish passport which are easy enough to copy out from the immigration stamps and maybe put multiple various tourist trips since birth.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 10:42 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

It just says list all dates. I think I'll do all the ones from my Irish passport which are easy enough to copy out from the immigration stamps and maybe put multiple various tourist trips since birth.
That will work
I listed all the entries it was much easier for me though
Old Feb 10th 2004, 9:05 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sibs,
I'm like you with the lots of trips to the USA and not nearly enough room to list them all on the actual form.
What I did was I took my cue from Kate and Clems website and their experince of filling in the forms.

www.k1fun.envy.nu

When filling out this part of the form Clem (who was in our position) put "most recently - June 02" Or whenever the date was and that went through fine.
I've just sent mine back to the Embassy and I put this
"Most recently 4th October 2003 for 3 weeks"
As that was the date of my last trip and therefore the date of the last stamp in my passport.
It implies that you have been to the states more than once and is an adequate response considering the quarter inch of space they give to write in.
I wrote a timeline of dates back and forth of all me and Jeffs trips and I'll take that to the Embassy with me and show them the stamps in my passport too in case they ask.
Kate and Clems visa was processed in about 2 months because there were so thorough, they have great examples of how they filled in each form and what they included, I really recommend taking a look at their site.
Hope that helps, let us know how you are getting on.
Sarah x
Old Feb 10th 2004, 10:08 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by SarahUK
www.k1fun.envy.nu
I've tried that site before but I can never get into it for some reason.

I sent the forms off today and did a list taken from the dates in my Irish passport which took nearly two hours to go through!

I'm picking up my vaccines tomorrow from the chemist and will get them done either in the afternoon or the next day. Hopefully I'll get news of an interview date sometime next week or the week after.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:54 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

I sent the forms off today and did a list taken from the dates in my Irish passport which took nearly two hours to go through!
I know you have sent your forms off but for future I had the same query and I emailed the London Embassy. There reply was that approximate dates were acceptable.

Hope this helps anyone else.

CB
Old Feb 11th 2004, 12:44 am
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride
I Hope this helps anyone else.

CB
Thanks CB. Madrid are only open for phone calls for 2 hours a day which makes them pretty hard to get hold of!
Old Feb 11th 2004, 1:11 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks CB. Madrid are only open for phone calls for 2 hours a day which makes them pretty hard to get hold of!
Your welcome. It does seem unfortunate the disparity in communication with the various embassys. London do seem to be extremely accessible.

Best of luck with your application.

CB
Old Feb 11th 2004, 3:32 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride
It does seem unfortunate the disparity in communication with the various embassys.
Not to mention the ridiculous prices when you call them!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Caligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really nice

Hi Sibsie,

I just mailed my hubby's DS-230 yesterday to the London Embassy and all I did was to list all the visits in his most recent passport, of course I ran out of room so I attached a piece of paper with a paper clip to continue all the visits stamped on the passport.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 11:20 am
C.G.D.S

Steffi Madrid gave me a non premium number to call which they answer during office hours and not just the usual two hour slot.

I called them yesterday to check it was ok and to reconfirm that I don't get postal service here. They were great and said the attachment was fine.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Caligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really niceCaligirl4ever is just really nice

Hi there,

What is the telephone number? I'd like to be able to call them without getting billed that 1.30/per minute charge.

Thank you,
Terese
Old Feb 12th 2004, 3:34 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by Caligirl4ever
Hi there,

What is the telephone number? I'd like to be able to call them without getting billed that 1.30/per minute charge.

Thank you,
Terese
I'll PM it to you.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 3:59 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally posted by Caligirl4ever
Hi Sibsie,

I just mailed my hubby's DS-230 yesterday to the London Embassy and all I did was to list all the visits in his most recent passport, of course I ran out of room so I attached a piece of paper with a paper clip to continue all the visits stamped on the passport.

Good Luck!
That's ok too. The London embassy told me to continue on a seperate sheet also.

CB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.